Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

ThomasOrion 12-06-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherDave (Post 3526536)
Yeah I can't remember. Is the Pyro related to the Matrix any?


Segue, but I really need MVP to make an overstable, flat driver with a blunt wing for FH rollers. The Resistor just ain't cutting it.

I don't think the Pyro and Matrix are anything alike. Do they share the same core? not sure - But the Rim is rounded and blunt and the disc itself flies like 5/4/0/3 - I could see it being useful for FH roller but that is not something I would do so I really don't know.
its a cool disc tho.

Arisugawa 12-06-2019 10:24 AM

Speaking personally, I absolutely love the Pyro. I currently bag a Prism Neutron one, and it's the most reliable forehand midrange I've ever had if I need to shape shots. The Deflector has a more reliable fade on a forehand line but cannot be shaped as creatively.

Speaking of which, if anyone in the Peoria area ever checks the lost and found at Sunset Hills, I'm still hoping that there is an honorable soul who turned my blue/blue Pyro in and didn't take it home. Would love to get that disc back.

bsammons 12-06-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arisugawa (Post 3526990)
Speaking personally, I absolutely love the Pyro. I currently bag a Prism Neutron one, and it's the most reliable forehand midrange I've ever had if I need to shape shots. The Deflector has a more reliable fade on a forehand line but cannot be shaped as creatively.

Speaking of which, if anyone in the Peoria area ever checks the lost and found at Sunset Hills, I'm still hoping that there is an honorable soul who turned my blue/blue Pyro in and didn't take it home. Would love to get that disc back.

How do you, and really anyone else, find the Pyro to glide? Heard from some they love it and heard from others it doesnít glide well. I crank on my mids and use them a lot, interested to see if itís a worthy power go-to thrower.

Arisugawa 12-06-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsammons (Post 3527027)
How do you, and really anyone else, find the Pyro to glide? Heard from some they love it and heard from others it doesnít glide well. I crank on my mids and use them a lot, interested to see if itís a worthy power go-to thrower.

My mid-range forehand maxes out at probably 300-320 feet, and that's if I get a really good rip. Most of the time, I'm probably using a Pyro for a shot of less than 300 feet. So take that into account when I say it glides well enough if I get sufficient power on it. But it is overstable, so there's only so much glide it's going to give me with the power I can generate.

If you're hoping to get a lot of glide for longer distance, the Matrix will probably stay in the air longer. Definitely will not fade as reliably though. I watched my teammate Garry Patton do things with a Matrix at Northwood Gold that left me stunned.

brutalbrutus 12-06-2019 12:21 PM

Speaking of Pyros...

December releases:

Prizm Plasma Pyro
Axiom Pro basket
Holiday deals on bags

Jouni 12-06-2019 01:07 PM

I really don't understand the Prism plastic. Isn't the Prism essentially all-Proton? That essentially makes the disc like normal non-overmold? I understand Streamline as a way to get piece of traditional disc market, and I bag several of those, but I feel like MVP is watering down their Axiom lineup with Prism, essentially admitting that the whole heavier overmold thing is gimmick (in terms of practical difference).

bsammons 12-06-2019 01:28 PM

The Prism rims are still weighted, just with a clear agent.

wolfmandragon 12-06-2019 01:39 PM

We played in the MVP challange earlier this year and I got a Prism Pyro. Very meh disc. I would rate it
4-2-0-2

Neither mine, nor any of my group, Pyros was that overstable. Very low glide and a very high stall speed.

For a backhand dominate player, I see this disc as being almost useless. I can see why forehand dominate players would like it .

Less OS than a Drone, slower than a Drone, less glide than a Drone, less distance than a Drone, more speed sensitive than a Drone...
It is prettier than a Drone. If a backhand dominate player wanted one for looks, sure, otherwise just buy a Drone.

Once again, MVP makes wonderful putters and fairways, but have no Idea how to make a mid.

elmexdela 12-06-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3527037)
Speaking of Pyros...

December releases:

Prizm Plasma Pyro
Axiom Pro basket
Holiday deals on bags

mvps business plan

https://media.giphy.com/media/xGvn7cPuf7nkk/giphy.gif

Arisugawa 12-06-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfmandragon (Post 3527078)
We played in the MVP challange earlier this year and I got a Prism Pyro. Very meh disc. I would rate it
4-2-0-2

Neither mine, nor any of my group, Pyros was that overstable. Very low glide and a very high stall speed.

For a backhand dominate player, I see this disc as being almost useless. I can see why forehand dominate players would like it .

Less OS than a Drone, slower than a Drone, less glide than a Drone, less distance than a Drone, more speed sensitive than a Drone...
It is prettier than a Drone. If a backhand dominate player wanted one for looks, sure, otherwise just buy a Drone.

Once again, MVP makes wonderful putters and fairways, but have no Idea how to make a mid.

Was this the Prism Neutron from the Circuit Event, or Prism Plasma from the Space Race? I know the core plastic can affect the stability a bit. The all Prism (proton) disc seemed beefier to me than either the Neutron or Plasma core variants.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.