Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

Moose33 06-30-2021 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3733823)
I stand by my statement... If you need more than those 4 fairways, there's something wrong with your game... or you are way too picky.

I agree there, I have 3 and it seems excessive, though I donít know what I could drop.

ThrowaEnvy 07-01-2021 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3733823)
I stand by my statement... If you need more than those 4 fairways, there's something wrong with your game... or you are way too picky.

I agree for the most part.. I've got my bag pretty covered, but..... I'm not a huge fan of the Crave, it fills the slot but it's doesn't have the magical qualities of a relay.. The Volt is what the crave wishes it was.. And if you have enough arm it is, I scored a 165 neutron Volt and it is magical. My 172 ish FR is awesome too but 3g too heavy for me. If I've got a good throw end of summer kind of thing it's great.. Spring training and it's too beefy.

The Crave is kind of close but shorter and more angle sensitive, more a disc that uses power... love my SE eclipses, but they are less stable than the norm.

The volt has a tendency to go straight and feel the angle late in flight and kind of ride some glide but it takes more power to get going right. If it's in the sweet spot for your power level it is f@@@n sweet!!! If not it's a little dumpy...

brutalbrutus 07-01-2021 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3733835)
I agree for the most part.. I've got my bag pretty covered, but..... I'm not a huge fan of the Crave, it fills the slot but it's doesn't have the magical qualities of a relay.. The Volt is what the crave wishes it was.. And if you have enough arm it is, I scored a 165 neutron Volt and it is magical. My 172 ish FR is awesome too but 3g too heavy for me. If I've got a good throw end of summer kind of thing it's great.. Spring training and it's too beefy.

The Crave is kind of close but shorter and more angle sensitive, more a disc that uses power... love my SE eclipses, but they are less stable than the norm.

The volt has a tendency to go straight and feel the angle late in flight and kind of ride some glide but it takes more power to get going right. If it's in the sweet spot for your power level it is f@@@n sweet!!! If not it's a little dumpy...

That's why they never should have changed them. My FR Volt had the best flight path i've ever had in a another disc. Had a Valk that was close but it had more of a dumpy fade when it flexed out of the S. Whereas that Pepto Volt would just sail forward.

My Crave is a thing a beauty. It lost 98% of its fade but has never really developed any turn. So you can just hammer on it flat and it will pretty much hold a straight line until right before it touches down. My FR Resistor more or less carries my "Tbird" slot. But even it is almost beat into what the crave is but with less glide.

ThrowaEnvy 07-01-2021 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3733836)
That's why they never should have changed them. My FR Volt had the best flight path i've ever had in a another disc. Had a Valk that was close but it had more of a dumpy fade when it flexed out of the S. Whereas that Pepto Volt would just sail forward.

My Crave is a thing a beauty. It lost 98% of its fade but has never really developed any turn. So you can just hammer on it flat and it will pretty much hold a straight line until right before it touches down. My FR Resistor more or less carries my "Tbird" slot. But even it is almost beat into what the crave is but with less glide.

Amen to that, that neutron I picked up is very first runny. Little dome great flight, just a nice volt and in a weight I can control well.

I think the ideal fairway is straight like an Amp, has Relay kind of power requirements with the gyro push of a Volt. Amp was decent but it took much juice to get it going, kind of redundant with my Volts (at the time) yet lackluster.

brutalbrutus 07-01-2021 04:00 AM

That was supposed to say "never had in a another disc...":doh:

jakebake91 07-01-2021 08:39 AM

Technically, I bag relay/crave/volt/resistor. But the volt is really just a space filler. I never throw it. I find myself reaching for my wrath instead.

Relay/crave/resistor and wrath/insanity fill my needs just fine.


I'm also admittedly not good at disc golf so your experience may vary :p

aphilso1 07-01-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3733681)
Unfortunately I have a dollar that says you could have your best round ever and the internet wouldn’t explode like it did for him.

Well The Fort is back to non-tourney layout. Biggest difference is Worlds Basket 17 is actually Basket 18 for everyday play, and Worlds Basket 18 has been pulled and is being used for the normal Basket 17 location. The Gold 18 tee pad is still up, so you can throw the tee shot across the water just like in tourney coverage. But there is no basket over there and thus no way of re-creating James' shot, even sans fans. :(

Also, my +8 round is probably not worthy of breaking the internet.

brutalbrutus 07-01-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3733869)
Technically, I bag relay/crave/volt/resistor. But the volt is really just a space filler. I never throw it. I find myself reaching for my wrath instead.

Relay/crave/resistor and wrath/insanity fill my needs just fine.


I'm also admittedly not good at disc golf so your experience may vary :p

I'm pretty much the same way. N Volt in the bag but rarely throw it... except i go to Photons instead of Wrath. I used to go to Wrath but after i lost my FR Wrath(when they had those super gummy flight plates *Insert Homer drool gif*) I didn;t click with the next two i bought. Which was when i finally put the Volt back in the bag.

ThrowaEnvy 07-03-2021 10:23 PM

The volt is the best disc I carried that I loved but then I never threw. Well after they invented a 155 inertia anyways.

Time to swing it around and give it another solid go. Hooray for lighter weight Volts! I'm trying to lock down another 162 fission.. An inked and used, slight dome... hope I get it! Stay back wolfey I let you have your comet! Haha.

I don't want it that bad but $20 I'm in..

wolfey 07-03-2021 10:31 PM

Ha! I saw ya getting all sweaty over that thing!

It's all yours man! I'm still a Rival man until MVP makes the Teebird to go with their Leopard (Relay)! Did I mention how much I love my new Relay??


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.