Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

ThrowaEnvy 12-12-2022 11:23 PM

While I still have a half a beer and opinion..

The fireball is a Firebird.

The motion is an FL

The motion is better because it is an FL (L rim FB)

Let us never speak in innova terminology again. But it had to be said.

I think the motion has a little bigger rim and some more skip potential, but it's a freakin longer FL!

Moose33 12-12-2022 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3856650)
While I still have a half a beer and opinion..

The fireball is a Firebird.

The motion is an FL

The motion is better because it is an FL (L rim FB)

Let us never speak in innova terminology again. But it had to be said.

I think the motion has a little bigger rim and some more skip potential, but it's a freakin longer FL!

You think the Fireball is More stable than the Motion? Iím not sure I agree, though the sample size is limited. I will say that I can throw either of them farther than a Firebird though.

ThrowaEnvy 12-13-2022 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose33 (Post 3856652)
You think the Fireball is More stable than the Motion? I’m not sure I agree, though the sample size is limited. I will say that I can throw either of them farther than a Firebird though.

Obviously good sir you don't speak "Innova-ish" and I applaud you for that.

You are pure of heart. Yet Wrong and Right at the same time.

ThrowaEnvy 12-13-2022 12:27 AM

Hmmm I reread... yeah the fireball is mor stable.. The motion has a lower arm useabilty the FB doesn't. The fireball hold up to wind, has zero glide and takes all you put in it, much like a discus. The motion actually flies a little, hooks later and flies way further at 250 ish feet.

Most happily the motion thumb hammers like an FL... the FB is crap by comparison, unless you thumber over 200' :D then you like the long slow turn

stupid trees 12-13-2022 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3856654)
Hmmm I reread... yeah the fireball is mor stable.. The motion has a lower arm useabilty the FB doesn't. The fireball hold up to wind, has zero glide and takes all you put in it, much like a discus. The motion actually flies a little, hooks later and flies way further at 250 ish feet.

Most happily the motion thumb hammers like an FL... the FB is crap by comparison, unless you thumber over 200' :D then you like the long slow turn

So the motion waits longer to fade than a fireball, but when it does fade it fades harder?

zendragon 12-13-2022 09:43 AM

I think it really depends on the Fireball run and the Motion run. Way back in the day, my friend bought a Motion and a Fireball out of the used bin and I threw them both. The Motion was definitely more stable of the two. I really liked the Fireball as an OS wind fighter and kept wanting to pick one up for myself. It felt more useable. I never found one I wanted/could justify getting one when I leaned so heavily on my Resistor for that slot already. Anyway, to make a long story still long, I finally picked one up from DFX a little over a year ago when they did a Medusa stamp release on them. I got a mid 160s weight. The thing is a meathook with no glide. I can still get decent distance with it because it's pretty fast, but dang, way more stable than my Resistors, or the last Fireballs I had thrown, or the last Motion I threw for that matter. So basically, I still throw Resistors and my Fireball sits on the shelf as a backup.

Sheep 12-13-2022 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3856650)
While I still have a half a beer and opinion..

The fireball is a Firebird.

The motion is an FL

The motion is better because it is an FL (L rim FB)

Let us never speak in innova terminology again. But it had to be said.

I think the motion has a little bigger rim and some more skip potential, but it's a freakin longer FL!

Fireball and Motion are both 20mm on the rim.

As well, just for sake of argument.
Fireball listed as 3.5 Fade.
Motion listed as 4.

My personal testing is that the fireball is probably a 3.5 and the glide is accurate at 3.5.
However the motion does not fly like a 3.5 glide, but the 4 Fade is accurate

I can easily get more distance with a motion every time.
And being that a majority of the players I throw with have firebirds and throw them insane distances.
I cannot agree that the Fireball = Firebird.
Though, I can see the correlation for a lot of throwers with this.
Because there are some firebirds out there that are just stupid beef, and they fly like that.
But I dont 'know many people who throw those overly beefy firebirds if at all often.
And to be fair to the Fireball, a disc I dont' like, I'd rather throw that fireball than those stupid beef firebirds.

Sheep 12-13-2022 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3856654)
Hmmm I reread... yeah the fireball is mor stable.. The motion has a lower arm useabilty the FB doesn't. The fireball hold up to wind, has zero glide and takes all you put in it, much like a discus. The motion actually flies a little, hooks later and flies way further at 250 ish feet.

Most happily the motion thumb hammers like an FL... the FB is crap by comparison, unless you thumber over 200' :D then you like the long slow turn

See, this is where disc golf terms are pure garbage.

Using "stable" for "neutralish" flight is so bad.

So when you say something like "more stable" it can easily be misconstrued as saying a disc is "more over stable" vs "more neutral" or "less overstable" or "less stable"

See all thsoe terms I just threw out there make no sense to a lot of people because the language with them is so piss poor that its confusing.

Whatever jackwagon decided that "stable" flight is straight is a moron.

And generally, a stable flight would not be "straight" Because for a disc to go straight, it has to be an unstable flight.
ala,
Neutral.

4 - Overstable.
2 - Stable
0 - Neutral
-2 - Understable
-4 - Really understable

Which even when you break that down it looks dumb.

But if you break it down with

Overstable
Stable
Understable

That makes sense right?
But what does it actually mean?

Well back in the day, is what it means.
They are outdated terms that are being forced into categories that dont accurately describe anything going on now days, we just kind of try and fit them in to the best of our ability to comprehend them, and since there is no defined set to them, its all on us to try and mind read what the other person is saying.
Which is not a good way to have a conversation about anything.

discerdoo 12-13-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheep (Post 3856733)
See, this is where disc golf terms are pure garbage.

Using "stable" for "neutralish" flight is so bad.

So when you say something like "more stable" it can easily be misconstrued as saying a disc is "more over stable" vs "more neutral" or "less overstable" or "less stable"

See all thsoe terms I just threw out there make no sense to a lot of people because the language with them is so piss poor that its confusing.

Whatever jackwagon decided that "stable" flight is straight is a moron.

And generally, a stable flight would not be "straight" Because for a disc to go straight, it has to be an unstable flight.
ala,
Neutral.

4 - Overstable.
2 - Stable
0 - Neutral
-2 - Understable
-4 - Really understable

Which even when you break that down it looks dumb.

But if you break it down with

Overstable
Stable
Understable

That makes sense right?
But what does it actually mean?

Well back in the day, is what it means.
They are outdated terms that are being forced into categories that dont accurately describe anything going on now days, we just kind of try and fit them in to the best of our ability to comprehend them, and since there is no defined set to them, its all on us to try and mind read what the other person is saying.
Which is not a good way to have a conversation about anything.

Good luck with your quest, bruh.

ThrowaEnvy 12-13-2022 10:50 AM

I think I should drink less beer at night... the wife's been gone so I've been going a little heavy on beverages and tuna fish sandwiches.

I think the fireball is more "true stable" . The motion is more "speed stable" with a wicked hard skippy finishing hook. Yes I can get the motion further it has just a bit of glide where the fireball has none. The finishing fade/hook of the motion is much harder than the fireball.

I am not throwing them at appropriate distances, this should be mid territory but I need a utility wind fighter and occasional thumber disc.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.