Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Michigan New Course Updates (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47059)

BogeyNoMore 01-26-2023 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Shide (Post 3865824)
Just looking at upcoming tourneys in & around the state and noticed this:

Attachment 78667

**** Bogey!! What's the story here, buddy?

Ha!

Got to be some sort of mistake. I don't remember posting many scores on DG scene, and certainly dont remember what I shot some 4-5 years ago.

...but we both know I'm not good enough shoot a 53 at over 24 holes at Holly Woods!

*sigh*

Central Scrutinizer 01-26-2023 09:25 PM

The first time I revisited Hudson Mills Monster after getting UDisc, somebody had changed all the pars...on the shorts!...to par 4. To this day it remains my "best score" on UDisc. (It wasn't remotely impressive at all, a fairly typical round IIRC).

ejvogie 01-27-2023 07:52 AM

Holes 2, 5, and 6 immediately come to mind as holes that are closer to a 2.5 than a 4.

BogeyNoMore 01-27-2023 08:17 AM

Most of the time, I really don't even pay attention to par.

I know what I should realistically expect of myself for a given hole, and whether or not I played it well.

Jukeshoe 01-27-2023 08:23 AM

What is par?

BogeyNoMore 01-27-2023 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jukeshoe (Post 3865953)
What is par?

It's when you play parfect.

ru4por 01-27-2023 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jukeshoe (Post 3865953)
What is par?

3 :doh::doh::doh:

The Shide 01-30-2023 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jukeshoe (Post 3865953)
What is par?

NO!! NO!! NO!!

Not here! Take that somewhere else.

Jukeshoe 01-30-2023 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Shide (Post 3866434)
NO!! NO!! NO!!

Not here! Take that somewhere else.

If only a thread existed that could discuss such a thing...:| :|

Jukeshoe 01-30-2023 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Shide (Post 3866434)
NO!! NO!! NO!!

Not here! Take that somewhere else.

People don't realize the real culture wars are fought over Roc v. Buzzz and What is Par?

ejvogie 01-30-2023 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jukeshoe (Post 3866446)
People don't realize the real culture wars are fought over Roc v. Buzzz and What is Par?

But what if you could only carry n* discs? HOW WILL WE EVER KNOW WHAT TO DO?























*n = any number of discs between 0 and 10

DFrah 02-09-2023 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFrah (Post 3864518)
Another update here. It appears that Hole 6 is done. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkceFVSuxq8

:D

Hole 7. This is gonna be fun. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVzZMiWRNhM

elmexdela 02-09-2023 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFrah (Post 3868339)
Hole 7. This is gonna be fun. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVzZMiWRNhM

this is so sick

i hope i can go there this summer

dreadlock86 02-09-2023 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jukeshoe (Post 3866446)
People don't realize the real culture wars are fought over Roc v. Buzzz and What is Par?


Mr. President, the people want to know... what disc are you grabbing when 250' out from the pin?

dreadlock86 02-09-2023 11:59 PM

Biden: "come on man... my 129g Mamba is what i use for every shot on the course"

Trump: "the new MAGA mold from Trump Discs Inc. is the greatest disc that has ever been made. it's the best disc, everyone knows it"

Obama: "some people believe a mid is the best option for this shot, some believe a putter is the way to go, some prefer a driver. but let me be clear... i will fight to make sure all Americans are free to use their disc of choice."

W. Bush: "heh... heh... i use the disc that makes terrorists cower in fear... now watch this drive!"

Clinton: "i did not use an illegal disc in any sanctioned tournament"

Central Scrutinizer 02-10-2023 04:10 AM

What about LBJ getting his Disc Golf clothes tailored?

BogeyNoMore 02-10-2023 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreadlock86 (Post 3868351)
Biden: "come on man... my 129g Mamba is what i use for every shot on the course"

Trump: "the new MAGA mold from Trump Discs Inc. is the greatest disc that has ever been made. it's the best disc, everyone knows it"

Obama: "some people believe a mid is the best option for this shot, some believe a putter is the way to go, some prefer a driver. but let me be clear... i will fight to make sure all Americans are free to use their disc of choice."

W. Bush: "heh... heh... i use the disc that makes terrorists cower in fear... now watch this drive!"

Clinton: "i did not use an illegal disc in any sanctioned tournament"

This post made my day!

apdrvya 02-14-2023 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3868479)
This post made my day!

OK boomer :D

Steve West 02-15-2023 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jukeshoe (Post 3866436)
If only a thread existed that could discuss such a thing...:| :|

See post #4538 over there.

Jukeshoe 02-16-2023 10:39 AM

Pretty sure it's "just 3." :|

ChrisWoj 02-16-2023 06:20 PM

Always has been.

The Shide 02-20-2023 05:19 PM

Just did a search for Grand River in this thread to see if it has been mentioned yet. Apparently not. So I guess Ill bring it to yalls attention now. Plus, I figured if anyone had any questions about a course in the GR vicinity someone would have asked me by now. Right?

There is a new course in the Lowell area called Grand River Riverfront Park DGC (that is the name printed at the top of this map I have, sounds silly). I found it in u-disc a while back, but only played it this afternoon for the first time. It appears to be mostly ready for play, with the exception of no cement teepads & no signage. It could still use one or two more work days to clean up the fairways of loose bits here & there.

I no longer have a phone, so I had to go old school & print off a map that was in the pics of u-disc. Wow, after 300+ courses under my belt, my navigation skills did not fail me (guess those land nav classes in Army basic are everlasting). History has proven that I am no reviewer so I will not do so. Suffice to say, I enjoyed the course & look forward to playing it again once it is finished. And if anyone is looking to play it with a guide, hit me up. But wait until after this blizzard were supposed to be getting this week.

BogeyNoMore 02-20-2023 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Shide (Post 3870035)
...if anyone is looking to play it with a guide, hit me up. But wait until after this blizzard we’re supposed to be getting this week.

I might take you up on that some time in March or April.

Maybe even hit this Swan Acres DGC, https://app.udisc.com/applink/course/32387 while we're out there (only about about 7 miles from Grand River Riverfront Park), if it can be arranged.

The Shide 03-09-2023 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3870114)
I might take you up on that some time in March or April.

Maybe even hit this Swan Acres DGC, https://app.udisc.com/applink/course/32387 while we're out there (only about about 7 miles from Grand River Riverfront Park), if it can be arranged.

The way the weather is going lately, might have to wait for April. :gross:

BogeyNoMore 03-09-2023 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Shide (Post 3874074)
The way the weather is going lately, might have to wait for April. :gross:

I might have to wait significantly longer...
:popcorn:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...32#post3873032

tomjulio 03-13-2023 05:53 PM

Just a heads up. A new private pay-to-play course is coming to West Michigan this year...Manistee to be exact! This course was built by Tom Organ. If that name sounds familiar he was heavily involved with the course creations and upkeep of the Mason County(Ludington) courses in the past when the club was at its peak. He is an amazing designer and great player and I personally can't wait to play and see what he has built!

https://udisc.com/courses/acorn-hill...-squirrel-buwQ

DFrah 03-14-2023 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFrah (Post 3868339)
Hole 7. This is gonna be fun. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVzZMiWRNhM

Here's #8! Only one more to go for the former Artprize course bound for Marquette!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCeru7tfPZ8

ejvogie 03-14-2023 05:20 PM

Right up Dave's alley :D

davetherocketguy 03-15-2023 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejvogie (Post 3874937)
Right up Dave's alley :D

Dave definitely approves!!! I love it!

ru4por 03-20-2023 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjulio (Post 3874747)
Just a heads up. A new private pay-to-play course is coming to West Michigan this year...Manistee to be exact! This course was built by Tom Organ. If that name sounds familiar he was heavily involved with the course creations and upkeep of the Mason County(Ludington) courses in the past when the club was at its peak. He is an amazing designer and great player and I personally can't wait to play and see what he has built!

https://udisc.com/courses/acorn-hill...-squirrel-buwQ

Hey tomjulio. You seem to have your finger on the pulse of Ludington and area as well as anyone. Another thread is discussing Bill at Flip City's decision to end camping on site. Any rumors of why he is now taking this stand?

ChrisWoj 03-20-2023 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejvogie (Post 3874937)
Right up Dave's alley :D

Rocket Disc Golf WANTS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davetherocketguy (Post 3875187)
Dave definitely approves!!! I love it!

University of Toledo Rocket Disc Golf Club is always interested in the support of rocket enthusiasts. ;) Shirts n discs always for sale!

davetherocketguy 03-20-2023 12:32 PM

Interesting...The U of Toledo NASA USLI rocket team comes up to our field in Three Oaks, MI to fly their rocket now and then.

tomjulio 03-20-2023 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3875951)
Hey tomjulio. You seem to have your finger on the pulse of Ludington and area as well as anyone. Another thread is discussing Bill at Flip City's decision to end camping on site. Any rumors of why he is now taking this stand?

Had some great talks with Bill last year about the challenges of owning a private disc golf course during this booming growth phase of disc golf. As with everything, there is always a certain small percentage of people that ruin the good things for the rest of us and that's basically what happened. It just became too much to take on for Bill, especially after his long deserved retirement and the wanting for peace and relaxation after so many years of working in the real world. The course is his home, can you imagine having random people just driving into your yard and expecting camping accommodations each and every day of the summer? I think Bill is trying to get back to what made Flip special in the first place and I 100% support his decisions as of late.

ejvogie 03-20-2023 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davetherocketguy (Post 3875974)
Interesting...The U of Toledo NASA USLI rocket team comes up to our field in Three Oaks, MI to fly their rocket now and then.

My son is involved with the team AND frolfs. :hfive:

They'll be going for their level 1 certs soon, but Columbus is going to be more convenient for them for that. However, if they decide on Three Oaks for a future launch, I may have to volunteer to drive :D

ChrisWoj 03-20-2023 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejvogie (Post 3875997)
My son is involved with the team AND frolfs. :hfive:

They'll be going for their level 1 certs soon, but Columbus is going to be more convenient for them for that. However, if they decide on Three Oaks for a future launch, I may have to volunteer to drive :D

He also continues to be welcome on the frolf team should he choose to join :D

davetherocketguy 03-20-2023 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejvogie (Post 3875997)
My son is involved with the team AND frolfs. :hfive:

They'll be going for their level 1 certs soon, but Columbus is going to be more convenient for them for that. However, if they decide on Three Oaks for a future launch, I may have to volunteer to drive :D

If they come up to our Michiana Mayhem launch in a couple of weeks I will be the one to sign off on their L1 certs. ;)

ru4por 03-20-2023 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjulio (Post 3875981)
Had some great talks with Bill last year about the challenges of owning a private disc golf course during this booming growth phase of disc golf. As with everything, there is always a certain small percentage of people that ruin the good things for the rest of us and that's basically what happened. It just became too much to take on for Bill, especially after his long deserved retirement and the wanting for peace and relaxation after so many years of working in the real world. The course is his home, can you imagine having random people just driving into your yard and expecting camping accommodations each and every day of the summer? I think Bill is trying to get back to what made Flip special in the first place and I 100% support his decisions as of late.

Thanks for the insight, man. Tis a shame, but I am happy that Bill still has the energy and passion to make Flip happen.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.