Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

ArtemisClydFr0g 07-28-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3740754)
it would be really nice if there was a thread online where we could ask a representative from Discmania questions like that, and receive a somewhat timely answer

They have been timely lately and they don't owe us anything

robdeforge 07-28-2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3740759)
They have been timely lately and they don't owe us anything

the opening post of this topic (that a discmania representative started) suggests weekly updates as what to expect.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...rchid=16030940

doesn't look weekly to me. how long do you think I should expect to wait for a response?

fishballer06 07-28-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3740774)
doesn't look weekly to me. how long do you think I should expect to wait for a response?

This thread is also 7 years old now...

To answer your question, over the past month, Discmania has responded on:

June 23
June 24
June 25
July 15
July 19

I'm sure we will get some responses within a week or so. I appreciate everything they do for us by answering questions for us on here. Other manufacturers aren't doing the same.

seedlings 07-28-2021 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3740670)
I really want to throw the Splice. It feels good in the hand. But I don't want to throw my Primal edition and ruin its value. When will we be seeing the stock runs?

It’s a disc. Have fun throwing it. You won’t put kids through college selling it. You might eventually sell it for enough to buy a cart (or so I’ve heard :D)

robdeforge 07-28-2021 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3740807)
I'm sure we will get some responses within a week or so. I appreciate everything they do for us by answering questions for us on here. Other manufacturers aren't doing the same.

that would be cool. I just would like to buy and throw a splice, or know when I can expect to be able to do that :)

ray1970 07-28-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3740892)
that would be cool. I just would like to buy and throw a splice


Better be on your toes when they drop. Like most of Discmanias releases theyll probably sell out in a matter of minutes.

hawgdriver 07-29-2021 01:10 AM

Any chance the DD2 makes a comeback? That's the disc for me.

fishballer06 07-29-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawgdriver (Post 3740983)
Any chance the DD2 makes a comeback? That's the disc for me.

Funny you mention that...

June 23, 2020 - A retooled DD2 was approved by the PDGA. However, we never saw that newly tooled disc get released. Maybe Discmania will comment what happened there (besides the obvious that it wasn't a priority to get molded from Innova at the time).

ArtemisClydFr0g 07-29-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawgdriver (Post 3740983)
Any chance the DD2 makes a comeback? That's the disc for me.

Looks like it's in the out of production section of their website

hawgdriver 07-29-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3741074)
Looks like it's in the out of production section of their website

The vibe I have is that DD3 picked up DD2's shift.

I've never thrown a DD3, maybe I will feel the same way about it--even if the flight numbers are different.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.