Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat 64 Pure (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13354)

LucasP 10-03-2013 11:19 PM

I have hards and original zero. I am running out of pures in the old zero. So I'm workin in the zero hard. I wish there was a zero medium because for me the soft is to soft and the hard is too hard. I drive with an opto, so I'm referring to I site the circle duties.

archmage 10-04-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucasP (Post 2192457)
I have hards and original zero. I am running out of pures in the old zero. So I'm workin in the zero hard. I wish there was a zero medium because for me the soft is to soft and the hard is too hard. I drive with an opto, so I'm referring to I site the circle duties.

I also use original zero pures, and when I handled the first zero soft and zero hard run pures, I also wished for zero medium, as the softs really were super stupid floppy soft, and hards are really hard. However, later I fondled some newer black zero soft pures, and surprisingly they were not super floppy, but actually felt even slightly stiffer than the old zero. So it seems all hope is not lost, and not all zero softs are super soft.

LucasP 10-04-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archmage (Post 2192574)
I also use original zero pures, and when I handled the first zero soft and zero hard run pures, I also wished for zero medium, as the softs really were super stupid floppy soft, and hards are really hard. However, later I fondled some newer black zero soft pures, and surprisingly they were not super floppy, but actually felt even slightly stiffer than the old zero. So it seems all hope is not lost, and not all zero softs are super soft.

That's good to know, looks like the hunt is on for stiff zero soft pures.

Prototype 10-31-2013 11:04 AM

The Pure has been run in Zero Medium. They left the factory today heading to the US. They will bare the signature of the 2012 Putting world Champion Weston Isaacs. Source: lat 64 facebook page.

Prototype 10-31-2013 11:11 AM

[IMG]30384575@N08/10592661594/]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5526/1...79d254748e.jpg[/url] Untitled by ptipton1, on Flickr[/IMG][/IMG]

Jkosk 10-31-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archmage (Post 2192574)
I also use original zero pures, and when I handled the first zero soft and zero hard run pures, I also wished for zero medium, as the softs really were super stupid floppy soft, and hards are really hard. However, later I fondled some newer black zero soft pures, and surprisingly they were not super floppy, but actually felt even slightly stiffer than the old zero. So it seems all hope is not lost, and not all zero softs are super soft.

Yup, I primarily putt with Zero Hard ( I actually really prefer stiff putters) but picked up 4 black Zero Softs for the colder months / courses with potential killer roll aways. 1 of the Softs is borderline floppy, but the other 3 are fairly firm, but with a nice spring to them. Not as soft as most "soft" I have felt up.

Wonder if that blend are what the Mediums will be based off of.

Carter 10-31-2013 01:36 PM

Yeah, some of the new black softs are really nice having just a little more flex than the original zero line. I am a really big fan of the black softs I'm bagging, but will not resist ordering 5 of the mediums. The pure is tits, and I can't wait too feel up some mediums...

DG_Before_Breakfast 10-31-2013 02:06 PM

My Black Zeroline Pures have become my beloved Preciousesses...gollum. I'm not sharing them with my friends and loved ones, and I'm gonna keep putting with them until I fall into the cracks of doom.

I'm not the greatest putter in the world, but I've gotten a lot better since I settled on these. Great feel in the hand - even when dusty or recently wet, neutral stable flight, flies very straight with gentle fade when thrown flat, can take hyzer or anhyzer and stay true to that line. I use them for Putting and within 100ish feet for approach (unless it is a low ceiling because they can rise a bit when I throw them hard).

They are only $10, and I got 3 last time DN stocked them, so I have 2 at home I practice with, and one in my bag, that I hope last forever. Black is my last name, so they have become like a personal Mojo kind of thing as well.

It never gets too hot in Santa Cruz, but I might have to take a hard Judge or get an Opto Pure when I play in super hot places. Judge has a really similar flight IMO, but I prefer no big bead on my putter.

xjohncandyx 01-17-2014 09:15 PM

Necro time!

I just ordered the last two unique GL Pures off DGC. Are these generally less slick/domey than RGL? I loved the RGL when I first got it but that slowly faded as I got fed up with the grip. I know I won't get EZE/Zero flatness but if it's close to Opto I'll be pretty happy. And as long as the grip is like true GL I shouldn't have an issue.

I plan on using it solely for approaches, keeping the Opto in the driver slot. I putt with old EZE/TM2 Pures.

LucasP 01-18-2014 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjohncandyx (Post 2321263)
Necro time!

I just ordered the last two unique GL Pures off DGC. Are these generally less slick/domey than RGL? I loved the RGL when I first got it but that slowly faded as I got fed up with the grip. I know I won't get EZE/Zero flatness but if it's close to Opto I'll be pretty happy. And as long as the grip is like true GL I shouldn't have an issue.

I plan on using it solely for approaches, keeping the Opto in the driver slot. I putt with old EZE/TM2 Pures.

If I have my eyes closed, I can't tell the difference between my gl pure and my couple opto pures. They don't even fly different. My gl has about the same dome as my optos... maybe a bit less actually. I dont bag the gl.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.