Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brodie Smith PDGA #128378 (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135632)

BrotherDave 05-11-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glassila (Post 3717901)
It looks like Brodie and Dustin Keegan had a playoff for the USDGC spot and Brodie won.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3717905)
BrotherDave will be thoroughly pleased with that result...:D

Sky is blue, water is wet. Come on guys, y'all act like this was surprising. :|

brutalbrutus 05-11-2021 09:46 PM

Lulz...:clap:

robdeforge 05-12-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autocrosscrx (Post 3718606)
It depends.

I think I saw at least half a dozen pros throw it and almost hit people and laugh about it in their YouTube content right after that. Heck, Tristan Tanner's injury saved the facial structures of park goers everywhere. If you justify that as why you dislike Brodie, but give the others a pass, then you might be a "hater".

the brodie video I'm referencing was him and the foundation guys, no other pros. this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sQyD73uZ04

I'm not sure what video(s) you're referencing?

Dcinmd 05-12-2021 09:40 AM

Fanboys = Brodie is doing something never done before.

Haters = Well actually multiple people have already done this.

txmxer 05-12-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3718818)
the brodie video I'm referencing was him and the foundation guys, no other pros. this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sQyD73uZ04

I'm not sure what video(s) you're referencing?

That was messed up.

ChrisWoj 05-12-2021 10:11 AM

Can someone pass on this Tristan Tanner thing? I have NO idea what you're talking about.

autocrosscrx 05-12-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3718818)
the brodie video I'm referencing was him and the foundation guys, no other pros. this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sQyD73uZ04

I'm not sure what video(s) you're referencing?

I don't have the time to re-watch and post a bunch of videos, but it was several videos from various pros, mostly around the Arizona/California start of the season stretch. And then they laugh. I don't think it is a malicious "MUWAHAHAHA, I'll get that lady reading a book next time!" kind of laugh. I think it is just a natural nervous reaction when you know that you almost messed up really bad.

robdeforge 05-12-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autocrosscrx (Post 3718884)
I don't have the time to re-watch and post a bunch of videos, but it was several videos from various pros, mostly around the Arizona/California start of the season stretch. And then they laugh. I don't think it is a malicious "MUWAHAHAHA, I'll get that lady reading a book next time!" kind of laugh. I think it is just a natural nervous reaction when you know that you almost messed up really bad.

don't know what video(s) you're talking about but those pros don't get a pass from me. although I don't know who they are, so I guess in a way maybe they do...?

DanJon 05-12-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autocrosscrx (Post 3718606)
It depends.

I think I saw at least half a dozen pros throw it and almost hit people and laugh about it in their YouTube content right after that. Heck, Tristan Tanner's injury saved the facial structures of park goers everywhere. If you justify that as why you dislike Brodie, but give the others a pass, then you might be a "hater".


What if we don't give the others a pass and think they are dumb for doing that as well?

Do I just "hate" most disc golf "pros" then?

autocrosscrx 05-12-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanJon (Post 3718981)
What if we don't give the others a pass and think they are dumb for doing that as well?

Do I just "hate" most disc golf "pros" then?

Nah. I think you are clear.

brutalbrutus 05-14-2021 03:41 PM

-4 on the front with a bogey. got the bird on the 1200ft par5 9th from just outside c1

brutalbrutus 05-14-2021 05:23 PM

Meh back9 for Brodie. E for a -4 for the round after the wind started to pick up...but he did bounce back with a birdie on 16 after going for OB on both 14 an 15.

brutalbrutus 05-14-2021 09:28 PM

1026

brutalbrutus 05-15-2021 07:30 PM

-7 with two bogeys 1047

ChrisWoj 05-15-2021 09:04 PM

So... A chance at back to back events in the top 20.

He has said all along he's gonna be a "problem" in 2022. It's getting hard to doubt any ceiling he puts on himself if he's starting to move into regular top 20s.

brutalbrutus 05-15-2021 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisWoj (Post 3720147)
So... A chance at back to back events in the top 20.

He has said all along he's gonna be a "problem" in 2022. It's getting hard to doubt any ceiling he puts on himself if he's starting to move into regular top 20s.

If he shoots -7 again or better tomorrow, he's likely going to get that elusive top10

ChrisWoj 05-15-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3720148)
If he shoots -7 again or better tomorrow, he's likely going to get that elusive top10

Candy and nuts.

Let's cross that bridge when we reach it.

brutalbrutus 05-15-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisWoj (Post 3720151)
Candy and nuts.

Let's cross that bridge when we reach it.

True Dat... He's had some problems with final rounds...

Weather looks to be the same as today anyway


...and he gets to play with Sexton tomorrow. Get a little roller and FH education.

brutalbrutus 05-16-2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisWoj (Post 3720151)
Candy and nuts.

Let's cross that bridge when we reach it.

Looking like i put the Brutalbrutus hoodoo on him. OB on 2, 3 and 4

brutalbrutus 05-16-2021 07:36 PM

Another meh final round for Brodie... -1 1000 t-26th

I wonder what his deal is in final rounds. Is it fatigue or is he just putting to much pressure on himself to get up into the top10?...

bbwrenn 05-17-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3720319)
Another meh final round for Brodie... -1 1000 t-26th

I wonder what his deal is in final rounds. Is it fatigue or is he just putting to much pressure on himself to get up into the top10?...

It could be a bit of those things lately, but I think it's mostly coincidental.

His last round wasn't his worst round at Belton, Waco, Memorial, TStates, Vintage... so I doubt he's lost or gained a major mental or physical issue in that amount of time. Just finished the last couple of events a little weak. Happens to all of us if you play enough. I should know. :D

autocrosscrx 05-18-2021 07:57 AM

He is a 1007 rated player that has averaged around 1016 on tour this year. And he shot a 1000 round. So he was basically 1 or 2 shots off.

brutalbrutus 05-19-2021 06:18 PM

Looks like Brodie is going to miss out on Masters Cup. He's 5th on the waitlist and i have a hard time believing that many will drop in a week. Too bad, i was looking forward to seeing how he did on a course like DeLa...

MaxFlight 05-19-2021 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3718444)
I have never seen anyone type "I hate Brodie".

I have seen many say, "All the haters".

Oh I know a bunch of people in my local disc golf community that flat out said they can't stand him. I think some of them are coming around, but they hate how "Bro-y" he can be. Doesn't bother me.

I just thought it was interesting to see his progression in distance. It's impressive!

MaxFlight 05-19-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisWoj (Post 3718422)
*fanboy enters thread composed of 200 supporters and neutral observers and four detractors*

fanboy: WHERE THA HATERZ NOW??!!1

Fanboy? Please. I respect the guy, sure.
Don't you think it's impressive for him to be consistently hitting 5 bills after just a year of playing? I sure do.
If that's a fanboy, then fine.

ChrisWoj 05-19-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFlight (Post 3721512)
Fanboy? Please. I respect the guy, sure.
Don't you think it's impressive for him to be consistently hitting 5 bills after just a year of playing? I sure do.
If that's a fanboy, then fine.

You didn't come in with anything reasonable like that. You came in and immediately called out "the haters" in a thread and on a site with only a few people who don't support the guy. It was silly. I've been one of his more consistent supporters on this site and called his year end rating from the start and said he'd wind up 1020s or even 1030 one day. I still think your post was completely silly.

txmxer 05-19-2021 11:36 PM

What I see is someone working very hard to improve. I really respect what he has done so far and the way he has done it and the results he is getting are well earned.

Nick Pacific 05-20-2021 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFlight (Post 3721512)
Fanboy? Please. I respect the guy, sure.
Don't you think it's impressive for him to be consistently hitting 5 bills after just a year of playing? I sure do.
If that's a fanboy, then fine.

He isn't just consistently hitting 5 bills on golf lines. There are at least 30 guys, possibly more, that can do that. No, he's hitting 75mph + on the radar gun during a round throwing golf shots in which he isn't throwing 100% power at. That's something that only a handful of guys can do.

Radar gun don't lie, he is throwing as fast as the elite level Ricky/Simon/Eagle/GG guys are throwing right now. And his form could still use a little tweaking so there is more distance to come...

DanJon 05-20-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFlight (Post 3721512)
Fanboy? Please. I respect the guy, sure.
Don't you think it's impressive for him to be consistently hitting 5 bills after just a year of playing? I sure do.
If that's a fanboy, then fine.


He's been playing disc golf for more than a year and throwing flying discs for much longer than that.

He could literally FH a lid across an entire Ultimate field.

You don't think that helps?

Ahildy13 05-20-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanJon (Post 3721629)
He's been playing disc golf for more than a year and throwing flying discs for much longer than that.

He could literally FH a lid across an entire Ultimate field.

You don't think that helps?

He's probably been throwing frisbees longer than Calvin and Eagle have been alive.

MaxFlight 05-20-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisWoj (Post 3721526)
You didn't come in with anything reasonable like that. You came in and immediately called out "the haters" in a thread and on a site with only a few people who don't support the guy. It was silly. I've been one of his more consistent supporters on this site and called his year end rating from the start and said he'd wind up 1020s or even 1030 one day. I still think your post was completely silly.

Lol silly for simply asking where the haters are? My initial post was very reasonable... If you're butthurt about it, then you should get off the internet brah.
Don't try to be a thread forum hero bud. If you're such a "consistent supporter", then you should support my statement against the haters (because if you pay attention, there's a lot out there!).
I as well have been a very "consistent supporter" from his beginnings in Disc Golf, and before. Doesn't make you or I more qualified than the other to have an opinion. Get over yourself.

MaxFlight 05-20-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanJon (Post 3721629)
He's been playing disc golf for more than a year and throwing flying discs for much longer than that.

He could literally FH a lid across an entire Ultimate field.

You don't think that helps?

Of course if helps. It's still impressive.

ChrisWoj 05-20-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFlight (Post 3721658)
Lol silly for simply asking where the haters are? My initial post was very reasonable... If you're butthurt about it, then you should get off the internet brah.

I found your post silly, and I treated it as silly. If you're butthurt over the fact that someone thought you were being silly, then you should get off the internet brah.
Quote:

Don't try to be a thread forum hero bud. If you're such a "consistent supporter", then you should support my statement against the haters (because if you pay attention, there's a lot out there!).
I as well have been a very "consistent supporter" from his beginnings in Disc Golf, and before. Doesn't make you or I more qualified than the other to have an opinion. Get over yourself.
No. LOL. No in response to all your points.

You can consistently support the clear potential Brodie has without buying into his dumbass "i'Ve gOt hAtERz" obsession. The only people who are railing against "bRoDiE'z hAtErZ" are fanboys. I can recognize that Brodie Smith was once in the conversation for "best ultimate player on the planet" and that that potential should translate to being a top-flight professional disc golfer without buying into his dumbass narrative.

ru4por 05-20-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFlight (Post 3721658)
Lol silly for simply asking where the haters are? My initial post was very reasonable... If you're butthurt about it, then you should get off the internet brah.
Don't try to be a thread forum hero bud. If you're such a "consistent supporter", then you should support my statement against the haters (because if you pay attention, there's a lot out there!).
I as well have been a very "consistent supporter" from his beginnings in Disc Golf, and before. Doesn't make you or I more qualified than the other to have an opinion. Get over yourself.

Lol.....you have taken it upon yourself to rid the world of Brodie haterz?

There are few to no haters here, so I suggest taking your quest to the courses and eradicate the great threat there, where you apparently are finding all this hate.

I think your post was silly also. Only because you are preaching to the wrong choir. I have read this thread and though some are not big fans, very few have vehemently came out against his expedition to become a top pro player.

I guess, if your pilgrimage must include DGCR, seek out and target the couple posters that are posting irrational disagreement with your boy. Characterizing all posters here as haters is just.........well, silly.

MaxFlight 05-20-2021 12:34 PM

I was saying "Where are the haters now" to all of the haters out there, not necessarily in this forum (which there are). Man you guys are way too intense.
I guess I'm silly then. Sorry you got so offended!

Jay Dub 05-20-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFlight (Post 3721700)
I was saying "Where are the haters now" to all of the haters out there, not necessarily in this forum (which there are). Man you guys are way too intense.
I guess I'm silly then. Sorry you got so offended!

Stop telling people how they feel. It looks dumb.

MaxFlight 05-20-2021 12:37 PM

Everyone got so worked up because I was impressed by Brodie's distance improving so quickly, and simply called out the "haters" as a joke. Ya'll need to calm down.

Jay Dub 05-20-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFlight (Post 3721704)
Everyone got so worked up because I was impressed by Brodie's distance improving so quickly, and simply called out the "haters" as a joke. Ya'll need to calm down.

Yeah, we're out breaking windows and drowning puppies. Out of control.

Dcinmd 05-20-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3721705)
Yeah, we're out breaking windows and drowning puppies. Out of control.

I thought we where burning Zones, chopping up machete and burying the Undertakers.

We really need to coordinate our Brodie protests in the future.

ChrisWoj 05-20-2021 01:02 PM

We're only burning the Get Freaky Zones, right? I like my Zones...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.