Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technique & Strategy (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Twitch of the Hips (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137717)

RoDeO 10-21-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby snack (Post 3646642)
I thought you were supposed to be a baseball coach? You canít even perform a simple athletic drill.

I was focusing primarily on driving all my weight into the hip to get this rotation people keep talking about. I wasn't focused on anything else. I was doing it to prove that just moving laterally doesn't cause rotation at all no matter how hard you force your weight laterally your hips will not rotate unless you do something to initiate that turn. Paul Mcbeth talks about that in the video I posted to open the discission with but people don't believe it. He is literally talking about that twitch- that turn that happens before you come into brace.

RoDeO 10-21-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidewinder22 (Post 3646651)
Look at his rear knee turning in, indicating hip turn.

So you admit his hip is starting to turn?

RowingBoats 10-21-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3646692)
So you admit his hip is starting to turn?

The unawareness required to self-own yourself this hard is just baffling to me.

RoDeO 10-21-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RowingBoats (Post 3646695)
The unawareness required to self-own yourself this hard is just baffling to me.

Stay with me a little longer because I am trying a different approach.

rorlick 10-21-2020 01:43 PM

contradicting yourself?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3646692)
How come the guy in the top video isn't spinning around shifting side to side if lateral shifting is supposed to cause rotation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3646692)
So you admit his hip is starting to turn?


RoDeO 10-21-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rorlick (Post 3646709)
contradicting yourself?

No, trying to get someone to see what I'm seeing. Sometimes a different approach works. Stay with me.

scooby snack 10-21-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3646688)
I was focusing primarily on driving all my weight into the hip to get this rotation people keep talking about. I wasn't focused on anything else. I was doing it to prove that just moving laterally doesn't cause rotation at all no matter how hard you force your weight laterally your hips will not rotate unless you do something to initiate that turn.

Rotation is a by product of throwing. Youíre not throwing anything in that drill. Why would you think your hips are supposed to rotate??

No one said moving your hips laterally causes hip rotation. Youíre the one trying to convince everyone here that hip rotation is where power comes from.

For a supposed baseball coach, you have no grasp of drills and their purpose. Youíre also incapable of properly coaching. No coach would ever give advice that hinders progress or could result in injury, as you have.

RoDeO 10-21-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby snack (Post 3646738)
Rotation is a by product of throwing. Youíre not throwing anything in that drill. Why would you think your hips are supposed to rotate??

No one said moving your hips laterally causes hip rotation. Youíre the one trying to convince everyone here that hip rotation is where power comes from.

For a supposed baseball coach, you have no grasp of drills and their purpose. Youíre also incapable of properly coaching. No coach would ever give advice that hinders progress or could result in injury, as you have.

You guys won't give me a chance to explain. I was doing your drills as a way to show the folly of them.

I know there must be a lateral shift. But it must combine with another critical element- that of hip rotation initiation in order to do it properly. Combining the lateral side to side with hip rotation initiation allows the hips to turn powerfully.

RowingBoats 10-21-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3646744)
You guys won't give me a chance to explain. I was doing your drills as a way to show the folly of them.

I know there must be a lateral shift. But it must combine with another critical element- that of hip rotation initiation in order to do it properly. Combining the lateral side to side with hip rotation initiation allows the hips to turn powerfully.

There are only two explanations for this thread continuing.

1.) You are still wrong, fundamentally, about the kinetic chain. Rotation of the hips before the brace is not part of the chain, period.

2.) You are trying to make a point that is beyond pedantic, and has already been addressed numerous times anyways.

I just don't get it.

rhatton1 10-21-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3646569)
https://youtu.be/TReQAwxCr7M

I was trying really hard to stop my lateral shift and get that rotation. Never happened. My next video will be me doing the same but trying to rotate somehow once I land on the front leg.

Serious question, I'm not trying to be a D*ck here but do you have an old injury on your left side? This looks scarily unbalanced and as though you're trying to protect a knee from further injury?

As Sidewinder notes you are tipping over the top, you're not doing this in any kind of athletic motion.

Try jumping side to side quickly with your knees hanging under your body, basically just use the lower legs to bounce, not upper legs, immediate return back and forth. Not waiting and trying to balance on the other leg just bouncing back and forth.

Now stagger your legs slightly so your left toes are in line with your right heel. keep bouncing, keep just using your lower legs. If you do it a lot and start to pay attention to the feel you should feel the rear hip coming in (rotating) as you bounce back off the front foot.

A side benefit of this it will force your body into better balance (in all your videos your upper body is swinging out of control) , it will also hopefully help you start to feel some other stuff. Maybe.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.