Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technique & Strategy (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Twitch of the Hips (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137717)

RandyC 10-29-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3650192)
This was my last throw of 8 this morning. It kept turning till it almost landed. It's a Jade, speed 9 disc. It's my favorite driver right now even though it can get too flippy when Im fully warmed up.This one measured 350 feet.

https://youtu.be/P-NOMVMM4_k

Yep yep no wonder you want to turn from your rear side. You are backwards.

txmxer 10-29-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3650192)
This was my last throw of 8 this morning. It kept turning till it almost landed. It's a Jade, speed 9 disc. It's my favorite driver right now even though it can get too flippy when Im fully warmed up.This one measured 350 feet.

https://youtu.be/P-NOMVMM4_k

as much as I disagree with your technical description, I think you've done a good job of switching to left handed throwing for right hand dominant person. Congrats.

Most can't do that.

RoDeO 10-29-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmxer (Post 3650263)
as much as I disagree with your technical description, I think you've done a good job of switching to left handed throwing for right hand dominant person. Congrats.

Most can't do that.

Yeah, I'm probably never going back to righty except for putting.

RoDeO 10-29-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyC (Post 3650258)
Yep yep no wonder you want to turn from your rear side. You are backwards.

Backwards?

RowingBoats 10-29-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3650192)
This was my last throw of 8 this morning. It kept turning till it almost landed. It's a Jade, speed 9 disc. It's my favorite driver right now even though it can get too flippy when Im fully warmed up.This one measured 350 feet.

https://youtu.be/P-NOMVMM4_k

But a couple months ago I saw you say you were at 360. Then yesterday you went out after practicing your rotation speed and added 30 feet! What gives?

RoDeO 10-29-2020 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RowingBoats (Post 3650274)
But a couple months ago I saw you say you were at 360. Then yesterday you went out after practicing your rotation speed and added 30 feet! What gives?

That 360 would of been my max throw that I occasionally hit. I hit that (and more) every time I throw now. My early morning throws generally don't net great distance results as it is pretty cold where I live in the mornings. Typically I was around the 320 feet max in the mornings. For the last three days it's been up around 350. That's "30 feet" on average. Later in the day I'm adding another 30 feet to that total now.

RandyC 10-29-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3650269)
Backwards?

https://i.imgur.com/ARdrQRk.jpg https://i.imgur.com/vAcxbf4.jpg

You are going backwards both knees pointing away from the target.

RoDeO 10-29-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyC (Post 3650324)
https://i.imgur.com/ARdrQRk.jpg https://i.imgur.com/vAcxbf4.jpg

You are going backwards both knees pointing away from the target.

Is turning backwards from target bad? I've seen Eagle do it and he throws pretty good

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-29-2020/u6mKvf.gif

SaROCaM 10-29-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3650334)
Is turning backwards from target bad? I've seen Eagle do it and he throws pretty good

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-29-2020/u6mKvf.gif

You are walking backwards down the hallway and basically facing backwards at the start. Eagle is gliding sideways down the hallway and turning back.

NoseDownKing 10-29-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDeO (Post 3650334)
Is turning backwards from target bad? I've seen Eagle do it and he throws pretty good



https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-29-2020/u6mKvf.gif

Eagle is more sideways during the x-step. You're turning back too early.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.