Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Roadrunner (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123297)

Stable 07-05-2016 01:11 AM

Roadrunner

I'm looking for a finesse driver (Speed 9-10) that I can hyzer flip (RHBH) for long, straight drives in the woods and elevation shots. Thinking a 175g Champion Roadrunner could fill this role. Anyone throw this mold for hyzer flip lasers or is it purely a roller disc?

walde 07-05-2016 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solar Sailer (Post 3030464)
I'm looking for a finesse driver (Speed 9-10) that I can hyzer flip (RHBH) for long, straight drives in the woods and elevation shots. Thinking a 175g Champion Roadrunner could fill this role. Anyone throw this mold for hyzer flip lasers or is it purely a roller disc?

It depends on how far throw as well as on the Roadrunner you get. There are some out there that are super straight and some that have quite a bit of turn out of the box for my 350' arm. If you have the chance to visit a shop, try comparing the PLH of different Roadrunners and go with one of the more "overstable" ones. What a great disc.

Stable 07-05-2016 03:15 AM

My BH max distance is in the 380' range. I'm wanting the Roadrunner (or something like it) for tight windows where my Comets just aren't long enough. Especially on elevation shots in the woods that require a subtle right turn (RHBH).

walde 07-05-2016 04:58 AM

I'd say a Champ RR is a good choice, it's very easy to control at slower speeds as well. A Pro Leopard fits the bill too as a slower option.

Mr. Butlertron 07-05-2016 05:27 AM

There's usually a Starlite Roadrunner in my bag for tight straight hyzer flips and control shots. I use it for a lot of uphill distance throws too.

joecoin 07-05-2016 06:13 AM

Don't get a glow.

SD86 07-05-2016 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solar Sailer (Post 3030464)

A Roadrunner would probably be fine if you get the right PLH. But for what you are describing I would recommend what I would do myself, which the Sidewinder, or possibly the Lat64 Fury.

craney 07-05-2016 09:26 AM

I love my roadrunners. I normally throw max weight star, but recently lost my broken in one and bought an Echo* to replace it. It flies just like the stars when new but I'm hoping to get it back into it's sweet spot quick. I've thrown a buddies champion RR and it had quite a bit more stability than star - I would imagine it'd be great once broken in a little.

Baked 07-05-2016 10:30 AM

I throw a 175 Gstar for sky anny shots that never fade, and sometimes for standstill approaches. It's also a good hyzer flip disc. It's got a unique flight imo -- easy to throw and easy to turn over, but rarely flippy when you don't want it to be.

crd 81 07-05-2016 12:12 PM

The Orion ls and Discmania TD are other options you can try. For me the Orion is longer than the TD.