Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   SQUATCH Legend! (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140292)

gammaxgoblin 03-18-2022 10:22 PM

Mine just came in today. I thought I would despise the "salmon" and immediately black it out. Its growing on my though. I am curious if anyone else used any kind of dyepen to color this rubberized covering over the zipper. Worked great on another bag for the excessive white embroidary.

hawgdriver 04-23-2022 06:59 PM

I got through the first half of the thread, interesting discussion. My conclusion is 'seller beware', you know, like 'caveat emptor' means buyer beware. Pound is expected to know the contours of the market, including IP protection and the cost of litigation. May not feel good to get China-ified, and the legal system may be functionally broken, but ... well, that's reality. Brutal game. Props to Pound for building a really damned good bag that someone decided to completely borrow and hope they didn't get sued.

Maybe you don't listen to me though. I loved visiting the markets in Beijing and buying knock-offs for pennies. Huge fan of keeping money in my pocket.

Bugcatcher33 05-17-2022 02:37 AM

Been using my Legend bag for a good 3 months now, With really heavy use over the last 2 months (averaging 5 to 6 rounds a week)
The space in the Squatch Legend is AWESOME. It fits all my discs, snacks, water, gadgets, and jackets I could ever need.
HOWEVER... The right shoulder strap padding, the main strap I use to carry my bag from hole to hole, has completely packed out. The padding is completely gone. I'm definitely noticing some discomfort on my shoulder from where it rubs, and this is definitely concerning. I see now why pound having detachable straps is such a big deal. Outside of that issue, the bag has been great.

chevis 05-17-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawgdriver (Post 3805152)
I got through the first half of the thread, interesting discussion. My conclusion is 'seller beware', you know, like 'caveat emptor' means buyer beware. Pound is expected to know the contours of the market, including IP protection and the cost of litigation. May not feel good to get China-ified, and the legal system may be functionally broken, but ... well, that's reality. Brutal game. Props to Pound for building a really damned good bag that someone decided to completely borrow and hope they didn't get sued.

Maybe you don't listen to me though. I loved visiting the markets in Beijing and buying knock-offs for pennies. Huge fan of keeping money in my pocket.

why do you hate america?

thatdirtykid 05-17-2022 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugcatcher33 (Post 3809626)
Been using my Legend bag for a good 3 months now, With really heavy use over the last 2 months (averaging 5 to 6 rounds a week)
The space in the Squatch Legend is AWESOME. It fits all my discs, snacks, water, gadgets, and jackets I could ever need.
HOWEVER... The right shoulder strap padding, the main strap I use to carry my bag from hole to hole, has completely packed out. The padding is completely gone. I'm definitely noticing some discomfort on my shoulder from where it rubs, and this is definitely concerning. I see now why pound having detachable straps is such a big deal. Outside of that issue, the bag has been great.

You own a V1 I am guessing? This seems to be becoming the first common failure. Sean has been replacing these bags with V2, which has better straps overall, as well as solving this issue. You should hit him up ASAP.

Bugcatcher33 05-17-2022 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatdirtykid (Post 3809713)
You own a V1 I am guessing? This seems to be becoming the first common failure. Sean has been replacing these bags with V2, which has better straps overall, as well as solving this issue. You should hit him up ASAP.

I do own a V1- it was a gift from my wife and I didn't register it for the warranty (because I'm dumb and didn't look into it within the 90 day window) will that be an issue?

thatdirtykid 05-18-2022 11:20 AM

Not sure. I havenít heard anyone given a hard time. Honestly I donít remember there being a warranty to register for

Bugcatcher33 05-18-2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatdirtykid (Post 3809861)
Not sure. I havenít heard anyone given a hard time. Honestly I donít remember there being a warranty to register for

Reached out to Squatch/Sean and they're sending me a new V2 bag. Thanks for the shout there.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.