Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Premium plastic mid lineups (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131086)

Alexplz 05-15-2018 03:21 PM

Premium plastic mid lineups

Hey dudes,

I'm looking at possibly replacing a KC/DX Rancho Roc cycle with premium plastic mids. Presently I'm not far invested in the cycle and have a beat KC, some DX, and a comet and possibly mortar as US/OS bookends.

Alternatively I'm thinking of bagging a tursas as an US mid and one of the following two lineups:

TP Tursas 174g
Star Mako3 175ish g
Star 175ishg or beat champ 180g Roc3, cycle in the star maybe
Mortar or the like

-OR-

TP Tursas 174g
Ti Buzzz 175ish g / a BuzzzSS+Buzzz combo
Mortar or the like, possibly a BuzzzOS+zone combo

My fairways are speed 6-7 innova and my driving putters are judges, shields or pures, if that matters.

I don't see a clear advantage of one over the other, aside from the fact that the leaps in stability are possibly more evenly spaced between mortar / roc3 / mako3 / tursas vs the possible overlap between beefy Z buzzz / buzzzSS / tursas. I think if anything the idea of slimming down to a tursas / beefy buzzz / mortar sounds the nicest. Thoughts?

PMantle 05-15-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Premium plastic mid lineups
Dynamic Discs, all day, erry day.

Nothing but cage 05-15-2018 04:02 PM

I’m looking at a kind of similar situation. Currently trying a comet and gila mid set up but I just am not confident with the way the comet feels in the hand.

Anyways the lineup I was looking into trying is Justice, eMac truth, premac truth, evidence/tursas. Might go verdict as opposed to justice but idk yet

PMantle 05-15-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothing but cage (Post 3307809)
Anyways the lineup I was looking into trying is Justice, eMac truth, premac truth, evidence/tursas. Might go verdict as opposed to justice but idk yet

boom

Alexplz 05-15-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMantle (Post 3307810)
boom

I dunno man, truths are kind of fast and don't take kindly to being powered down. I have some nice driving putters for shorter stuff, but then I don't needs mids taking shots from my slow fairways.

That being said, I've considered this and would probably go:

tursas
Bio Emac Truth 177g (sitting on my desk)
Lucid Verdict of some kind
Justice/mortar

PMantle 05-15-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexplz (Post 3307811)
I dunno man, truths are kind of fast and don't take kindly to being powered down. I have some nice driving putters for shorter stuff, but then I don't needs mids taking shots from my slow fairways.

That being said, I've considered this and would probably go:

tursas
Bio Emac Truth 177g (sitting on my desk)
Lucid Verdict of some kind
Justice/mortar

I almost never power down my mids because: putters.

So, even though I change up my bag more than anyone I know(I switch out stuff to play the two courses at our park), I always have:Verdict/Bard/EMac/Evidence, then N. Envy/E. Envy/Pure/Vertex or Theory.

Nothing but cage 05-15-2018 05:35 PM

Does anyone see a huge overlap between premac truth and evidence? I like the idea of the same feel but I don’t want too much overlap.

roggenb3 05-15-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexplz (Post 3307796)
Thoughts?

That the Tursas being the only mid in both of your lineup choices shows that you know a good disc when you throw it. :thmbup:

PMantle 05-15-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothing but cage (Post 3307844)
Does anyone see a huge overlap between premac truth and evidence? I like the idea of the same feel but I donít want too much overlap.

I dropped my regular Truth when I fell in love with the Evidence. I mean, they are not exactly the same, but close enough that I could drop one, and there was no way I was dropping the Evidence.

Moose33 05-15-2018 05:52 PM

I’d go Tursas/Pine or Bard. I use the bard exclusively in the mid department. It’s like the best Roc3 no one uses.