Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Discraft ZONE Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114486)

Shooter14 04-09-2015 10:36 AM

Official Discraft ZONE Thread

I have no idea why such a loved disc doesn't have its own thread yet!

Here it is. Personally I really enjoy the concave Zones. Whether ESP, Crystal, Crystal FLX, whatever. The concaves fly the best! They're getting harder to come by though

Share the Zone love!!

Broken Shoulder 04-09-2015 12:19 PM

Hmm. I found 59 different threads when I searched for Zone in the Disc forum.

Regardless, I've got a few ESP and one Z blend, and I've loved every one of them. :)

Stardoggy 04-09-2015 12:25 PM

I've got a LE Cryztal, CZ FLX, Hyrbid, and ESP.

Bag the two CZ's, just for fun.

tbird888 04-09-2015 12:28 PM

You guys remember when the Zone wasn't so popular and every one you ordered was concave and built like a brick shtuff house? Stinkin' bandwagon being so full!

ODRB 04-09-2015 12:39 PM

Sad Kitty has a sweet glo Z. Oh wait, no sad kitty doesn't.
Thanks a lot imaginary friends. :(

There's got to be room for sad kitty on your bandwagon?

tbird888 04-09-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrboy (Post 2746630)
Sad Kitty has a sweet glo Z. Oh wait, no sad kitty doesn't.
Thanks a lot imaginary friends. :(

There's got to be room for sad kitty on your bandwagon?

I'll give you one, in person, at 4am at CVG's baggage claim on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend! ;)

walde 04-09-2015 12:51 PM

The Zone seems to be a popular mold here on the boards but around my area I don't see people throwing them that often. I recently changed the ESP Zone in my bag to a new one because my old one started to get a little too straight. After about a year and a half of use it still looks to be in really good condition with some scratches here and there but nothing big. I love how the plastic feels, it's really firm but the grip is still pretty good. I'm wondering whether my first Zone had less in the first place or if it's just beat up enough, it doesn't turn at all but the fade has become pretty mild.
The back up I have bagged now has much more beef to it which I like.
Last time in my local shop I saw a flat and a slightly domey ESP Zone that were considerably softer than pretty much all of the Zones I've ever seen. I hope they're not changing to domey..

It's a pretty sweet mold, I use it for all kinds of hyzers, anny flex shots and skip shots. Both BH and FH. It's great in the wind and it's very comfortable for grenade(?) shots as well.

tbird888 04-09-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walde (Post 2746650)
...I hope they're not changing to domey...

Sit down, we have to talk...:(

ncgamedog 04-09-2015 01:06 PM

I have about 20 Cryztal FLX Zones in a innova tourney bag.

I take them out to the field to work on my FH approach game.

I cant play a round without one in my bag. Between that and an Opto Pure, I could have a great score on any course under 5000ft.

I simply love the mold! I've never bonded with the ESP bc of the mega skips it gets. Some people like to use it for that, but I use a FB for skip shots.

Zone>Gator for me!

This mold is so incredibly versatile. Who likes to throw FH rollers with them?
They will roll straight as a string for miles!

drive4showput4dough 04-09-2015 01:10 PM

The new zone I have has some dome, if you want board flat try a harp, I'm testing a zone now to see how it feels in place of a harp, feels slightly slower with a little less beef... Cryztal flx plastic is awesome though, little more give then the fluid, elasto, frost mix but not g star, we will see if it can take a beating like the vip can and stay OS