Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rules Questions & Discussion (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rule? A point of Etiquette? Or Nonissue? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94379)

simpletwist 08-24-2013 06:56 PM

Rule? A point of Etiquette? Or Nonissue?

While playing Mixed Doubles is it ok to let your partner to drive 1st?

I realize it might slow things a bit. But I don't think it's illegal.

Thoughts?

coupe 08-24-2013 07:02 PM

Unless you're playing alternate shot, it's up to each team to decide who drives first on any given hole.

PDGA Doubles Rules.

JC17393 08-24-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpletwist (Post 2144457)

Thoughts?

Nonissue. It's entirely up to the team to decide who throws first. No rules or etiquette apply.

peabody 08-24-2013 11:05 PM

Yea, it's best to let the good safe player get one down there and let the bombardier let it fly. That is on most holes. Chosing who goes first is strategy and should be taken into consideration each and every throw.

JTacoma03 08-24-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpletwist (Post 2144457)

Thoughts?

I'm confused...somebody has to drive first or no game will be played.

I'm also not sure how it would slow anything down (assuming you're playing best shot) since everybody has to drive anyway...it would take the exact same amount of time regardless of who drives first.

:confused:

simpletwist 08-26-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTacoma03 (Post 2144655)

I'm also not sure how it would slow anything down (assuming you're playing best shot) since everybody has to drive anyway...it would take the exact same amount of time regardless of who drives first.

Actually in Doubles its been my experience or even in singles for that matter, when one of the players is a woman she will take her drive last since it is invariably in the direction towards the basket. But if you interrupt that by having the lady drive elsewhere in the mix it does take extra time.

Kodachrome 09-07-2013 03:55 PM

yeah, i hate sticking to one hard and fast alternating hole/shot setup.

lot of it boils down to momentum for me. if i'm on a putting hot streak, i want to putt first. it interrupts my flow if i don't. any time i'm throwing hot, i'd like to go first and just get it out of the way because i know it's going to be good.

and yet, sometimes i wanna take a backseat for a second, especially if i'm not throwing that well. gives me a second to breathe, so you should just put one up the fairway and let me relax a bit. :p i think very much in terms of strategy and course/partner management so i really hate going first when i know my partner isn't thinking the same way, just wants to blindly follow a set pattern to "keep things simple".

maybe i'm just a sally, i dunno. but i like to change things up; keeps it interesting and the energy flowing especially when you have a good feeling about your shot.

joshuajames 09-07-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTacoma03 (Post 2144655)

He's talking about "mixed" doubles...where ladies may tee from a different location

John Rock 09-07-2013 05:13 PM

Now I understand what you're saying. It's usually a matter of speed of play as to when the forward tees throw. If the group is closer to the back tee as they finish the previous hole, the group will stay together while everyone throws in order from that tee, then advance to the closer tee so the others can throw from there (since they all have to go that way anyway). Sometimes it is helpful for the forward tee players to advance ahead of the others to act as spotters, and if they're already up there and it's their turn to throw, it should flow alright.

BirdieMachine 09-07-2013 05:54 PM

Just don't slow me down or I'll yell at you piss ants to hurry the f up. Don't mess with my chi.