Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129293)

Bgso 11-07-2017 07:02 PM

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

My instinct and various media outlets (smashboxx+DGAM) tellls me james Conrad is moving to DD.

Hope they assign him a full time social media manager.

Streets 11-07-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bgso (Post 3241351)
My instinct and various media outlets (smashboxx+DGAM) tellls me james Conrad is moving to DD.

Man, that blows.

hellbound 11-07-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bgso (Post 3241351)

Nothing has been said. The othernight on Smashboxx they talked about who could be the biggest Upset moving if they jumped ship. Would be very shocked if he switched.

snappyj 11-08-2017 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bgso View Post

He will probably make a move somewhere if Innova doesn't put him on the Star team, in my opinion. He needs to get paid.

snappyj 11-08-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snappyj (Post 3241509)
Originally Posted by Bgso View Post

He will probably make a move somewhere if Innova doesn't put him on the Star team, in my opinion. He needs to get paid.

Yes, I messed up that quote. Don't judge me.

M2daRizzle 11-08-2017 10:22 AM

I wonder if elaine king will get picked up by anybody or if she will choose to remain sponsorless.

BuiltTooLong 11-08-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snappyj (Post 3241509)

If he continues to tour like he did this year, Innova would be incredibly foolish not to put him on the Star team. He would arguably be more deserving than Philo, based on JC's consistent string of top finishes. They have to leave Brinster on there based on previous achievements (2013 USDGC) but they should maybe consider bumping Barsby if he has another solid season.

In looking at the women on the Star Team, I would argue that perhaps Lisa Fajkus or Jessica Weese should maybe get bumped up in place of Jen Allen, who is the current Woman's Distance Record holder, but doesn't seem to tour like the other 2.

jvphobic 11-08-2017 12:45 PM

SmashBoxx has no insight on Conrads move, if any. I think that we said... of all people he is a highly likely candidate. Because he is not truly locked into anyone right now and because of the people he tours with a lot. But, he LOVES his Aviars, and that could make it a difficult decision. And I specifically said that he isn't exactly Mr. Social Media. He won't drive sales with his outgoingness. He is just a good player. I think it would be a mistake for Innova if didn't hold on to him.

And again, I have ZERO inside knowledge... but would it surprise anyone if Madison Walker went to DD where her best friend Paige is?

GoobyPls 11-08-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvphobic (Post 3241604)
SmashBoxx has no insight on Conrads move, if any. I think that we said... of all people he is a highly likely candidate. Because he is not truly locked into anyone right now and because of the people he tours with a lot. But, he LOVES his Aviars, and that could make it a difficult decision.

Speaking from direct experience, JK Aviars are pretty easy to swap with Wardens. Doubt it will matter, though. I think Innova will (wisely) hold onto him.

Cgkdisc 11-08-2017 02:24 PM

Too early for 2018. But with the potential growth in China, it wouldn't surprise me if by 2020, Yikun tried to sponsor some top west coast pros. We've seen how fanatical the Chinese have been with basketball stars like Kobe. If DG fever takes off in China like it has in Finland, we could see the online fan base increase quickly if their citizens are not restricted access. DG Guy has the Mandarin version of Rosetta Stone on his 2019 Xmas list. ;)