Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

DiscJunkie 01-19-2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscJunkie (Post 3783462)
DearDiscmania Support,
I love ❤️ the feel of the Rainmaker.
Is there any possibility that these will get to store shelves as normal stock?
I can’t bring myself to putt with a limited run.
Anyways, my practice putting routine usually involves a stack of 5 or 10 discs.

Thinking about transferring to the Rainmaker as my main putter, but the Limited Edition is a deal killer…

Did some reading on older posts and got my answer.
Can’t wait for full production!!!!!!!

Agarner14 01-20-2022 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscJunkie (Post 3783465)
Did some reading on older posts and got my answer.
Can’t wait for full production!!!!!!!

Definitely in the same boat as you. I like the feel and the flight so far. The Logic has become my putter of choice over the last year and these fly pretty similarly. I am ready to see that production update and sad is hasn't come yet.

robdeforge 01-20-2022 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder (Post 3779175)
One can hope Innova resurrects the DD and the CD2 from the dead ;)

fwiw Eric Oakley has hinted at something coming from infinitediscs

DiscT 01-20-2022 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agarner14 (Post 3783562)
Definitely in the same boat as you. I like the feel and the flight so far. The Logic has become my putter of choice over the last year and these fly pretty similarly. I am ready to see that production update and sad is hasn't come yet.

I totally agree. We’re waiting in a lot of things. DM said the had limited quantities of the CB3 due to shipping issues, but we never saw more. The glow Iron Samurai was supposed to come out during glow season, and that clock is ticking. No FD. No flex 1&3 P2s. No update. And a large pool of dissatisfied mystery box reviews. I’m hoping to see a tidal wave here soon!!

Comes from a place of love because the Discmaniacs have been through a lot the last couple of years.

Discmania_Support 01-21-2022 01:27 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3783714)
I totally agree. We’re waiting in a lot of things. DM said the had limited quantities of the CB3 due to shipping issues, but we never saw more. The glow Iron Samurai was supposed to come out during glow season, and that clock is ticking. No FD. No flex 1&3 P2s. No update. And a large pool of dissatisfied mystery box reviews. I’m hoping to see a tidal wave here soon!!

Comes from a place of love because the Discmaniacs have been through a lot the last couple of years.

We have, too :)

Lots of good news coming over the course of the next few weeks. Thanks for hanging in there

DiscT 01-21-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3783959)
We have, too :)

Lots of good news coming over the course of the next few weeks. Thanks for hanging in there

You ARE a part of the Discmaniacs. We’re all on the same team!

seedlings 01-21-2022 05:13 PM

One thing to consider: My black box had a 20% off coupon that’s valid through February. It would be very cool if product were stocked before then, and not so cool if product were stocked at the first of March.

But, it’s a date to watch.

DiscT 01-26-2022 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3784017)
One thing to consider: My black box had a 20% off coupon that’s valid through February. It would be very cool if product were stocked before then, and not so cool if product were stocked at the first of March.

But, it’s a date to watch.

This got me wondering…DM is low on a LOT of things (again), but we know they’re machines are not up and running at 100% capacity. Do you think they’re saving/shipping discs for the biggest restock in the history of disc golf or do you think this ebb and flow will be how they have to restock since they have to split and ship their inventory overseas?

Leading to my ultimate question: do you think we will see a stateside manufacturing site for DM in the future (likely in Colorado), and do you think that would help with the problem?

seedlings 01-26-2022 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3785202)
This got me wondering…DM is low on a LOT of things (again), but we know they’re machines are not up and running at 100% capacity. Do you think they’re saving/shipping discs for the biggest restock in the history of disc golf or do you think this ebb and flow will be how they have to restock since they have to split and ship their inventory overseas?

Leading to my ultimate question: do you think we will see a stateside manufacturing site for DM in the future (likely in Colorado), and do you think that would help with the problem?

Stateside manufacturing wold be incredible for us players! Especially since shipping entire containers is now 1) much more expensive and 2) an excruciatingly long time lapse. It took DM a longtime to get any production at all, in Sweden, but maybe now they know the ‘power’ of possessing the means of production, they might consider your idea.

Before any of that might happen, I would expect to see ready stock of their popular molds.

Agarner14 01-26-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3785214)
Stateside manufacturing wold be incredible for us players! Especially since shipping entire containers is now 1) much more expensive and 2) an excruciatingly long time lapse. It took DM a longtime to get any production at all, in Sweden, but maybe now they know the ‘power’ of possessing the means of production, they might consider your idea.

Before any of that might happen, I would expect to see ready stock of their popular molds.

There is no doubt that stateside manufacturing will help. I imagine that in the grand scale of time, this is a matter of when rather than if, but perhaps if the supply chain catches up over the next couple of years (rather than worsening) this would be unnecessary. I think growing companies need to be looking at Discraft's production model right now - A little over a year ago their inventory was very hit and miss, now they have a pretty darn near constant supply of their popular molds with more and more plastic options. It is a little bit of a strange move to set up shop in Sweden when so much of the disc golf consumption is happening in the US. Jussi is smart though, I'm sure he has his reasons and long term vision.

On the separate point of the question of restock and inventory moving into the spring. I have to think that we are just on the edge of some big announcements. Late Dec and early Jan has nearly entirely involved finishing out mystery box season (I think DM will be glad to move on from that) and focusing on signings and team management. I imagine a lot of focus going into outfitting the team with discs for the upcoming season. With that all taken care of, there is no doubt that the focus for the next year has to be on steady releases and keeping inventory up to snuff. I do imagine there are going to be some supply "dumps" whether that be new molds, original re-stocks (MD3/P2 - S-line Please???), and updating the evolution line. I have to imagine that once the splice and mutant have their stock releases we will see a neo tactic come out with a stock release (How could it not?)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.