Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat 64 Pure (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13354)

Future_Primitive 06-02-2016 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques (Post 2965671)
I'm really loving the Grip Pure.

To me it is really close to a Gstar / Snow plastic. Someone said it would be of lesser quality, but I just don't see that. I've been throwing mine since the day they re-released them and it is holding up really well. Any Zero version would be so banged up by now that it would hurt my eyes.

Stability-wise it's also perferct. I guess it's close to a new Opto. I can throw it full power and get no turn and practically no fade.

Pretty much spot on to my own situation, :hfive: for the Grip Line Pures.

Gave up on the Zero Softs as they get banged up and warped way to quickly which also left me with no interest in the MegaSoft Pures. Currently working with a Grip and a Zero Medium and very pleased with both. No flashing issues at all with these, only time I have seen flashing issues is with the Opto's.

World Eater 06-02-2016 02:00 PM

Agreed. Grip is where it's at for driving Pures.

I didnt click with the Pure for putting. Needs more spin than I got for my style of putt.

CrowLegs 06-07-2016 10:35 AM

So, I see that Infinite Discs has some normal-stamped GL Pures. When did that happen?

And.... WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET MOONSHINE PURES????

JC17393 06-07-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowLegs (Post 3014448)
So, I see that Infinite Discs has some normal-stamped GL Pures. When did that happen?

And.... WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET MOONSHINE PURES????

Stock GL Pures hit the market two weeks ago.

smarkquart 06-07-2016 03:06 PM

Gold Line Pures are by far and away one of the best discs ever made. I stockpiled them, especially when Dynamic offered the 50% off DyeMax deal around the holidays, but due to their costs, I have always been a little skittish about throwing them. I have already picked up one production run, and just have that one knowing I can get more, I have become far more aggressive throwing them all. That only lowers my score.

Future_Primitive 06-07-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowLegs (Post 3014448)
And.... WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET MOONSHINE PURES????

Yes please. :hfive::thmbup:

Would be very interested in some Moonshine Pures.

mattc 06-16-2016 10:03 PM

Just bought a couple zero mega softs.
Kinda playing with them for approach disc that hit and sit.
Seem to pair up well with my x soft zones

bhadella 06-17-2016 10:49 AM

Blueberry Zero Mediums.

http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.c...eberry-edition

https://media.giphy.com/media/EvWx1BeeRyyJi/giphy.gif

Peter S 06-17-2016 11:45 AM

I use a Zero Medium Pure. I was thinking of adding a Gold Line for tee shots if they are stable. However, have no experience with Lat64. The Gold line looks like Innova Star plastic.

Would Gold line be best compared to Star plastic?

Are Gold Line Pures as stable or more stable than Zero?

Thanks all...

smarkquart 06-17-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter S (Post 3020965)
I use a Zero Medium Pure. I was thinking of adding a Gold Line for tee shots if they are stable. However, have no experience with Lat64. The Gold line looks like Innova Star plastic.

Would Gold line be best compared to Star plastic?

Are Gold Line Pures as stable or more stable than Zero?

Thanks all...

Optos are the most stable, but not overstable, of the bunch. I would classify Gold Line as neutral, meaning that it will hold any line you put them on. They have a tendency not to flip or turn even at power. If you throw flat, it will go flat. However, if you have an OAT, it will turn.

It may be because they are fresher, but my two production run Gold Lines are a touch more high speed stable than my seven Dye Max Gold Line. Regardless, of all the plastics, Gold Lines are the only ones I have stuck with. I do considered them one of the best discs ever made.

Hyzer Ale 06-17-2016 12:46 PM

I just picked up a Gold Line from the used bin by my house. It has a Merry Christmas stamp with a snowy cabin, santa's sley, Westside in the snow and DD in the moon. Anyone know when this run is for. Really nice stable Pure.

eric40817 07-11-2016 02:32 PM

Is it just me, or does anyone else experience more roll aways with the Pure than other putters. Maybe its coincidence, maybe its the pointier rim? I feel like I've had substantially more roll aways when I fall short or hit the rim. It has a tendancy to hit the ground and rather than topple over, it stands right up and rolls away. Im hesitant to call it quits with the Pure because I get such a clean release and they fit my hand well.

threevok 07-11-2016 02:45 PM

It's the amazing glide. It wants to glide even after it hits the ground.

philman 07-11-2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric40817 (Post 3034179)
Is it just me, or does anyone else experience more roll aways with the Pure than other putters. Maybe its coincidence, maybe its the pointier rim? I feel like I've had substantially more roll aways when I fall short or hit the rim. It has a tendancy to hit the ground and rather than topple over, it stands right up and rolls away. Im hesitant to call it quits with the Pure because I get such a clean release and they fit my hand well.

Which hardness do you putt with? I use the soft and they typically hit and sit if I miss.

Kodachrome 07-11-2016 03:21 PM

pures rolled a lot for me because I couldn't putt flat with them, given their very low profile. Always came out with hyzer, hit the pointy rim if I missed, followed by a rollaway.

eric40817 07-11-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philman (Post 3034191)
Which hardness do you putt with? I use the soft and they typically hit and sit if I miss.

Ive got a zero hard and a medium. Havent tried the softs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodachrome (Post 3034213)
pures rolled a lot for me because I couldn't putt flat with them, given their very low profile. Always came out with hyzer, hit the pointy rim if I missed, followed by a rollaway.

This could be exactly my issue. My putting style is a slight hyzer release at distances out to circles edge or a little beyond.

Kodachrome 07-11-2016 03:53 PM

It definitely doesn't happen as often with the softer plastics since you can dig in a little more with the fingers, but I don't like spin putting.

Aim For The Chains 07-11-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodachrome (Post 3034213)
pures rolled a lot for me because I couldn't putt flat with them, given their very low profile. Always came out with hyzer, hit the pointy rim if I missed, followed by a rollaway.

I once hit the basket on that early uphill hole at the valley and my pure rolled all the way down past the walking path. :|

Snap-it 07-11-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric40817 (Post 3034179)
Is it just me, or does anyone else experience more roll aways with the Pure than other putters. Maybe its coincidence, maybe its the pointier rim? I feel like I've had substantially more roll aways when I fall short or hit the rim. It has a tendancy to hit the ground and rather than topple over, it stands right up and rolls away. Im hesitant to call it quits with the Pure because I get such a clean release and they fit my hand well.

Evidently no. But it's still BS. And I don't mean that in a nasty way. Any putter can roll away at any time, any disc for that matter. Lots of factors besides putter shape.

eric40817 07-11-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snap-it (Post 3034317)
Evidently no. But it's still BS. And I don't mean that in a nasty way. Any putter can roll away at any time, any disc for that matter. Lots of factors besides putter shape.


Oh I agree that any putter/disc can roll. I've just noticed more with my Zero Pures. I've spent time putting with aviars - kc, dx and McPro, judges, Wizards and ions. I never noticed this many roll aways. Again, maybe it's coincidence that my pures are landing such that they roll away more often than other putts caught and edge, maybe it's the pures themselves, I don't know. I'll keep putting with them as I do like them, but man these things roll lol. Its probably the man behind the putter and I'm just looking to blame something else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snap-it 07-11-2016 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric40817 (Post 3034323)
Oh I agree that any putter/disc can roll. I've just noticed more with my Zero Pures. I've spent time putting with aviars - kc, dx and McPro, judges, Wizards and ions. I never noticed this many roll aways. Again, maybe it's coincidence that my pures are landing such that they roll away more often than other putts caught and edge, maybe it's the pures themselves, I don't know. I'll keep putting with them as I do like them, but man these things roll lol. Its probably the man behind the putter and I'm just looking to blame something else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One course I play is in mountains, where almost every basket is on an incline. Any of the putters I've used there have and will roll. Firm, soft, lid, not lid, you name it. If ANY putter gets on edge where the ground isn't level, it's rolling. I wouldn't drop a putter you like because of perceived "rollability". ;)

eric40817 07-11-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snap-it (Post 3034335)
One course I play is in mountains, where almost every basket is on an incline. Any of the putters I've used there have and will roll. Firm, soft, lid, not lid, you name it. If ANY putter gets on edge where the ground isn't level, it's rolling. I wouldn't drop a putter you like because of perceived "rollability". ;)


Not perceived. The pure has a +3 roll. Over rollable for sure lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Askar 07-12-2016 12:30 PM

On the course I am playing using Zero Hard Pure as my main putter and Opto and Grip-Line Pure for approaches (need to get an overstable compliment to it into my bag but it is not here or now) I rarely get any roll aways but I do overshoot the basket with quite some at times. I am playing on a pretty flat course and on those few holes that is ellivated I usually go just beneath basket cause I am holding back or way away cause I did go for it a bit to much.

World Eater 07-12-2016 02:33 PM

ya, I will approach and lay up with Pures but if I'm running the basket I'm using Aviars unless there's a backstop.

grip pures for president!

Future_Primitive 04-24-2017 03:51 PM

Moonshine Pures!!! Thank you Lat64. :clap::clap:

PMantle 04-24-2017 03:53 PM

Is there a slower Pure?

DougCrawford 04-24-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMantle (Post 3168915)
Is there a slower Pure?

Beetle?

PMantle 04-24-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougCrawford (Post 3168935)
Beetle?

I picked up one of those last weekend at a disc shop in Tyler. None for me thanks. What a weird feeling disc.

Kodachrome 04-24-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMantle (Post 3168915)
Is there a slower Pure?

Polecat

Opto bite

Comparing to an opto pure, anyway. Zeros are a different matter.

SD86 05-22-2017 09:53 AM

Ricky Wysocki was throwing a Fuzion/GL Pure a lot at De La during the Memorial Cup, so I guess he's bagging it... for now. Didn't look like it was performing all that awesomely for him, but maybe in the later rounds he'll work some magic with it...

bhadella 05-22-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD86 (Post 3180586)
Ricky Wysocki was throwing a Fuzion/GL Pure a lot at De La during the Memorial Cup, so I guess he's bagging it... for now. Didn't look like it was performing all that awesomely for him, but maybe in the later rounds he'll work some magic with it...

That spitout on the Lady Hole was pretty sweet. Seemed to work good on true putter holes, seemed likes it his new "safe shot" disc on longer holes.

spinachd 05-23-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD86 (Post 3180586)
Ricky Wysocki was throwing a Fuzion/GL Pure a lot at De La during the Memorial Cup, so I guess he's bagging it... for now. Didn't look like it was performing all that awesomely for him, but maybe in the later rounds he'll work some magic with it...

Is that what he was throwing on Hole 7 at Konopiste too?

SD86 05-23-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinachd (Post 3181340)
Is that what he was throwing on Hole 7 at Konopiste too?

I'm not sure. I only know it was a Pure in the Memorial Cup videos because Ian mentioned what it was (he tends to peek in the players' bags then tells us what they are throwing). Once I saw what it was, I recognized it pretty well. Haven't reviewed the Konopiste tape to see if it was a Pure he was throwing there...

ThrowinGhost 05-23-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD86 (Post 3181359)
I'm not sure. I only know it was a Pure in the Memorial Cup videos because Ian mentioned what it was (he tends to peek in the players' bags then tells us what they are throwing). Once I saw what it was, I recognized it pretty well. Haven't reviewed the Konopiste tape to see if it was a Pure he was throwing there...


It's super petty of me to correct you on this... buuuuut. It's Master's Cup. It used to be Steady Ed Memorial Master's Cup, but the Dela club went with Innova this year for whatever reason.

SD86 05-23-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowinGhost (Post 3181481)
It's super petty of me to correct you on this... buuuuut. It's Master's Cup. It used to be Steady Ed Memorial Master's Cup, but the Dela club went with Innova this year for whatever reason.

You are correct on that. Old age is beginning to affect me... :doh:

SD86 06-06-2017 04:40 PM

Out of curiosity, which pros, if any, putt with the Pure?

PMantle 06-06-2017 04:47 PM

Jesper Lundmark

ChainoutStar 06-06-2017 08:32 PM

Am I wrong in thinking Devan Owens putts or at one point putted with them? I don't know why, but somehow I've got that in my head.

JamesXC 06-07-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD86 (Post 3187173)
Out of curiosity, which pros, if any, putt with the Pure?

Chandler Frye

Semi-local guy in Washington putts with Pures. He is 1000+ rated, but doesn't tour much

Hyzer Ale 06-07-2017 04:40 PM

2012 Putting World Champion Weston Isaacs http://www.latitude64.se/team-64/weston-isaacs/


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.