Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Why is the Judge so popular? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134718)

Monkeypaws 08-07-2019 02:15 AM

Why is the Judge so popular?

I was wondering if it was similar to another putter from another brand(Aviar), or something unique.

Thrower, putter?

It sure is wildly popular.

slowplastic 08-07-2019 03:20 AM

It's got a bead and feels kind of Wizard-like in hand to me. Also there are a variety of plastic choices and they have that bit of tacky/rubber feeling to them in the base plastics. If you like a beaded putter then you'll likely think it feels good.

As a thrower I've actually been surprised with how neutral/not overstable they are...the Wizard seems to have more stability or can handle more power. I bet a lot of people like how the Judge flies but personally I prefer something that has more HSS.

The Warden is similar but without a bead, and for some reason I think they handle power better. I've only thrown like a half dozen of each but I like the Warden more. However, if you want a neutral flight in a beaded putter the Judge makes sense.

Jolt 08-07-2019 04:36 AM

-Many plastic choices
-easy to find in most stores ( HARD to find a Wizard here in Sweden as an exemple )
-good both for putting and throwing

Bandrew 08-07-2019 07:40 AM

For me it's a slightly shallower Wizard that I can find in more consistent plastic runs.

Streets 08-07-2019 08:35 AM

Because DD is really good at constant, obnoxious marketing and over-saturating the market with their molds.

Jolt 08-07-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streets (Post 3481932)
Because DD is really good at constant, obnoxious marketing and over-saturating the market with their molds.

So itīs better to have no marketing and disc that nobody ever hear about?

I think DD has marketed the Judge, Warden and Deputy very well. . .And Lat64 the Dagger and Westside the Harp.

Discraft have done a great job with marketing the Luna

VictorB 08-07-2019 09:54 AM

The judge was popular before the DD marketing machine really turned it up.

It's a shallow feeling big bead putter that is stable and straight, nothing really out there like it. It was also their first putter, and since it was so good, kind of gained cult status (not unlike the wizard, but gateway doesn't market anything really)

tbird888 08-07-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorB (Post 3481991)
...It's a shallow feeling big bead putter that is stable and straight, nothing really out there like it....

Except the PA3 and Steady

Streets 08-07-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbird888 (Post 3482003)
Except the PA3 and Steady

Banger GT too

VictorB 08-07-2019 10:14 AM

Hold those all in your hand one after another. None of them feel as shallow as a judge.