Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Love for the Gazelle (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66332)

ODRB 01-30-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93EXCivic (Post 3131876)
Done. Although I asked for a new run of Champion as well.

Please do not muddy the waters.

DanJon 01-30-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Questatement (Post 3131802)
What's the fastest disc ever made in the stiff KC/Mc pro as we know it today?


I had a couple stiff DX Teebirds years ago that could have passed for KC Pro.

Wish I would have bought a stack.

tomsdiscs 01-30-2017 09:18 PM

If the factory store does the runs, I will definitely buy the KC Pro and Champion runs, and more than 1 of each.....

Marmoset 01-30-2017 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanJon (Post 3131890)
I had a couple stiff DX Teebirds years ago that could have passed for KC Pro.

Wish I would have bought a stack.

I know which run you're talking about.
And I DID buy a stack. They are by far may fav TB

b-mart 01-31-2017 10:14 PM

It seems like most people on this thread throw non-stock versions of the Gazelle. I also do. But the DX is and always has been my main backhand disc. Being that Disc Golf Center and Chainbangers no longer carry them, I reached out to Innova again just to see if they're out of production or what the plan is. I stated that I understand that the Pro Shop and DGU carry other plastics, but wanted to know if the DX would still be available. Their not helpful at all response suggested that I try the Pro Shop if my usual providers are unable to order me a DX. Because they currently offer three other plastics at the Pro Shop. Glad they told me something I had just told them in my original question...

Kodachrome 01-31-2017 10:16 PM

I love love love dx gazelles but I don't throw them too much anymore except for beat skyhigh roller shots and while they're fresh. Sucks that they didn't answer you, but I don't think they're oop yet.

The domey star gazelles are decent enough approximations imo. :/

JamesXC 02-01-2017 02:39 AM

Just picked up a 5/10 11x KC Gazelle out of a used bin for $11. Someone had spray painted over most of the top, but I managed to get it off with about 20 minutes of work with acetone.

This thing is wonderful. I haven't thrown a lot of Gazelles, but this one has just the right amount of stability to just go dead straight off a hyzer-flip. Also sneaky-long which is nice too. I had forgotten how much I like the old candy KC plastic since I lost my last Teebird a few years ago.

jdw80550 02-01-2017 09:22 AM

^^^I'll take it off your hands for $12. ;)

b-mart 02-01-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesXC (Post 3132689)
Just picked up a 5/10 11x KC Gazelle out of a used bin for $11. Someone had spray painted over most of the top, but I managed to get it off with about 20 minutes of work with acetone.

This thing is wonderful. I haven't thrown a lot of Gazelles, but this one has just the right amount of stability to just go dead straight off a hyzer-flip. Also sneaky-long which is nice too. I had forgotten how much I like the old candy KC plastic since I lost my last Teebird a few years ago.

I know the exact disc you're talking about. Chainbangers posts on FB every now and then telling people to come get their lost plastic, and that one was in the front of one of those pics a few months back. Broke my heart. I still would have bought it for $11 though. I have at least a dozen 11x's. Some used, some minty wall hangers. Just be careful throwing it this time of year. I cracked one at Stilly last year when it was about 40 degrees out. Less than a week later my buddy shattered an 11x KC Teebird at Lake Stevens on his first throw ever with it. I throw a flat top Star in the winter and the 11x in the summer because they're nearly identical in flight and I want both to last.

JamesXC 02-02-2017 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-mart (Post 3133285)
I know the exact disc you're talking about. Chainbangers posts on FB every now and then telling people to come get their lost plastic, and that one was in the front of one of those pics a few months back. Broke my heart. I still would have bought it for $11 though. I have at least a dozen 11x's. Some used, some minty wall hangers. Just be careful throwing it this time of year. I cracked one at Stilly last year when it was about 40 degrees out. Less than a week later my buddy shattered an 11x KC Teebird at Lake Stevens on his first throw ever with it. I throw a flat top Star in the winter and the 11x in the summer because they're nearly identical in flight and I want both to last.

The acetone was a pain, but is flying like a dream now. I am looking forward to making Les jealous at the SeaTac tourney on Saturday.

ODRB 02-02-2017 01:01 PM

I throw 10x and 11x all winter long, and I'm just a poke down the road from you fellows.

But I want new KCs. Please, guys, send Innova an email (see above).

93EXCivic 03-03-2017 09:02 AM

I have sent that email multiple times. Hopefully it happens at some point.

I haven't mentioned it in the emails but I really really want another run of CS Champion Gazelles too.

ODRB 03-03-2017 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gazelles are pretty neat:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ictureid=36232

Not pictured: The ones in my bag and the backups in my trunk.

93EXCivic 03-03-2017 01:32 PM

And I thought I had a lot of Gazelles lol

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Streets 03-03-2017 01:33 PM

ODRB might have more Gazelles than I do discs, overall.

ODRB 03-03-2017 01:49 PM

It's an illness. Gazelles are the ill-ness!

Streets 03-03-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODRB (Post 3147458)
It's an illness. Gazelles are the ill-ness!

I've never been one for "older" discs but *Doggy sent me a seasoned 11x Teebird and man, that thing is sweet.

Broken Shoulder 03-03-2017 01:52 PM

Pretty soon you'll have a Gazellion.



*knows what he did*

b-mart 03-03-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder (Post 3147461)
Pretty soon you'll have a Gazellion.



*knows what he did*

Hey back off! I patented the term "Gazellionairre" and all versions thereof several years ago. You'll be hearing from my lawyer for copyright infringement.

b-mart 03-03-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODRB (Post 3147423)
Gazelles are pretty neat:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ictureid=36232

Not pictured: The ones in my bag and the backups in my trunk.

I took individual photos of my collection last night. Once I have them in an album I'll either post a link here or try to get a photo or six of the lot. Which I had planned to do BEFORE seeing this. Way to try to steal my thunder :D.

Broken Shoulder 03-03-2017 03:18 PM

I don't know, man. Two posts in a row you come flying in and saying you were first.

Might have to call shenanigans.

b-mart 03-03-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder (Post 3147490)
I don't know, man. Two posts in a row you come flying in and saying you were first.

Might have to call shenanigans.

I'm also pretty sure I put too many R's in the word I made up. That's a demerit. Or maybe a paddlin'.

Broken Shoulder 03-03-2017 04:41 PM

Don't be too hard on yourself. We grow from our mistakes.

tbird888 03-03-2017 05:32 PM

http://www.hadafewbeers.com/wp-conte...dlin-30027.jpg

Kodachrome 03-04-2017 12:07 PM

Luster gazelles is what I want.

Yes.

I bet they would be more overstable than the circle stamps. We would have functioning gazelles for yeeeeeeears.

FlipFlat 03-04-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODRB (Post 3147423)
Gazelles are pretty neat:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ictureid=36232

Not pictured: The ones in my bag and the backups in my trunk.

Whatever you do Don't let a Cheetah in with that herd of Gazelles it would be a bloodbath ��

b-mart 03-06-2017 11:39 PM

Pretty sure that only a few of us actually collect Gazelles. Curious if any of you other collectors have noticed a scarcity of bar stamps? I was looking at ODRB's collection for the 10th time this week, and there are a few in there. I only have one in mine. But you never see them up for sale. Circle stamps and field dressed still pop up from time to time. Those 1996 World's "New" ones do as well. Even the bar stamped first run ones. But I haven't seen a stock bar stamp for sale for years. Anyone know how long they were molded? Maybe there aren't as many out there?

ODRB 03-07-2017 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlipFlat (Post 3147743)
Whatever you do Don't let a Cheetah in with that herd of Gazelles it would be a bloodbath ��

Cheetahs? (The current factory store Circle Stamps are excellent 11x Gazelle stand-ins.)

FlipFlat 03-07-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODRB (Post 3149027)
Cheetahs? (The current factory store Circle Stamps are excellent 11x Gazelle stand-ins.)

I read the Cheetah reviews in the factory store and 2 people said the same thing basically. Makes me want one now. I only own 2 Gazelles right now a 153g? 11x really pearly light blue white stamp beauty. And a 173 DX. I did however find a sweet board flat PFN 175g really stiff DX Cheetah about 3 or 4 years ago. That flies like 6/4/-1/1 I wish I could find more like it.

Kodachrome 03-28-2017 03:32 AM

you know, i'm pretty ****ing pissed about losing my asia open gazelle with the snake stamp last year . . . or whenever i lost it. i don't even remember exactly when/where it happened, it just sort of . . . was gone. it was a cfr glo, much flatter than the current runs and the plastic was nice and gummy too. anybody happen to know where to get one?

ODRB 03-28-2017 01:14 PM

I can probably hook you up. Same stamp? Or just a flatter gummier Glow Gazelle?

Kodachrome 03-28-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODRB (Post 3158445)
I can probably hook you up. Same stamp? Or just a flatter gummier Glow Gazelle?

trying to find the same stamp. i knew i should've just hung it on a wall but it was too pretty not to throw.

93EXCivic 05-09-2017 03:31 PM

So is there anyone else bagging GStar Gazelles? I am loving it for the straight and turnover Gazelle shots and it is beating in very very slowly for GStar about 4 months in the bag at pretty much all wooded courses and no change in flight. I am not a big fan of GStar but these fly so nicely as an understable Gazelle they work perfectly with my Champs.

jdw80550 05-09-2017 04:11 PM

I have been. Had one in the bag for over a year now. Powered down straight shots and turnovers at full power. Best technical driver in my bag.

ODRB 05-09-2017 04:19 PM

But g*? Really?

Kodachrome 05-09-2017 04:24 PM

It's a great understable driver in gstar. I prefer star still though since it starts off more neutral and beats from there. Gstar gazelles fly similar to a pro leopard imo. I love to use them from a standsill on anhyzers and hyzerflips where normally I'd have to give my comet some extra juice.

Questatement 05-10-2017 08:52 PM

I'm curious what the earliest run of champ/champish plastic that the Gazelle was run in. I've got a mint, 09-01-2002 cfr stamp from the southern national championships in Memphis, TN.

Others that might be even earlier?

PhillyMatt 05-15-2017 04:17 PM

RIP

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...psiro7107g.jpg

Questatement 05-16-2017 01:35 PM

Fingerprinty = deteriorating plastic yet, somehow fetches more money. Splain lol

jsc430 05-18-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Questatement (Post 3176034)
I'm curious what the earliest run of champ/champish plastic that the Gazelle was run in. I've got a mint, 09-01-2002 cfr stamp from the southern national championships in Memphis, TN.

Others that might be even earlier?

Nope. thats it. There's a few champ gazelles from the 2002-2003 era. Almost all are cfr except for a small run of mini proto stars. Shortly after came the 11x.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.