Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Putt-Putt Disc Golf Courses (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135329)

Gblambert 11-11-2019 01:28 AM

Putt-Putt Disc Golf Courses

I'm curious about the number of putt-putt disc golf courses in existence.

My idea of putt-putt disc golf is a par 2 course with holes about 100 ft long (all with fair ace routes) that has at least a few man-made obstacles. Obstacles can be things like ramps, buildings, large sculptures, walls, poles, etc. Anything man-made that players have to throw around, under, over, onto, or through. And, as is the case with ball golf putt-putt, it should be fun for players of all ages and skill levels. After playing a good putt-putt disc golf course, players should leave with a smile on their faces and an irresistible urge to immediately play it again.

I'm aware of 2 putt-putt courses:
The Flying Armadillo has an 18 hole putt-putt course
The Blockhouse has an 18 hole Tiki course. Never been there but I heard it has a rotating basket obstacle.

Are there any other putt-putt courses out there?

R-Ogre 11-11-2019 01:53 AM

I wanna see a windmill mando.

Casey 1988 11-11-2019 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gblambert (Post 3517551)
I'm curious about the number of putt-putt disc golf courses in existence.

My idea of putt-putt disc golf is a par 2 course with holes about 100 ft long (all with fair ace routes) that has at least a few man-made obstacles. Obstacles can be things like ramps, buildings, large sculptures, walls, poles, etc. Anything man-made that players have to throw around, under, over, onto, or through. And, as is the case with ball golf putt-putt, it should be fun for players of all ages and skill levels. After playing a good putt-putt disc golf course, players should leave with a smile on their faces and an irresistible urge to immediately play it again.

I'm aware of 2 putt-putt courses:
The Flying Armadillo has an 18 hole putt-putt course
The Blockhouse has an 18 hole Tiki course. Never been there but I heard it has a rotating basket obstacle.

Are there any other putt-putt courses out there?

There is a course In Winona MN not the Willows course but the older one nearby, a 9 hole putter course that was made in mid 1986 when putter discs were all that was out for the true Disc Golf discs and more commonly they would have a bag of different Wham-O Mold catch Frisbee's simply due to how much easier the discs were to find to buy.

thecandydan 11-11-2019 09:55 AM

Another one is The Labyrinth (Rolling Hills) in Ypsilanti, Michigan.

DiscJunkie 11-11-2019 10:18 AM

Fewell Park in Rock Hill, SC (same town as the USDGC)
9 holes, 1150` from the shorts (shortest 65', longest 160')
1530` from the longs (shortest 128', longest 207')
Mach 3 baskets
Not a bad little course, 2 stars on DGCR

biscoe 11-11-2019 10:28 AM

I have one in development in my backyard- won't be open to the public though.

Deej 11-11-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscoe (Post 3517616)
I have one in development in my backyard- won't be open to the public though.

Thatís what Iím working on as well. I have 2 baskets and 4 tone poles set up around the yard.

Martin Dewgarita 11-11-2019 11:20 AM

I've got one in my yard..

Gblambert 11-14-2019 03:59 PM

Thanks to all who responded. From what I can tell though, all of the suggestions are what I would call putter courses, or mini courses, or maybe just really short disc golf courses. For me, a putt-putt course is the disc golf equivalent of a ball golf putt-putt course, which has lots man-made obstacles like windmills, ramps, bumpers, tunnels, etc.

In disc golf this could be things like roller ramps, man-made obstacles to throw around, baskets buried in the ground, elevated baskets on man-made pedestals, things to ricochet throws off of, and yes, maybe even a windmill (gasp!).

I'm a bit surprised that there are no other courses out there like the two mentioned in the original post. Both of these are very successful and are a great way for private courses with an extra 4 or 5 acres to bring in lots of new players that they might not otherwise be able to attract with a full sized course. Hopefully a few more will be developed in the near future, because they're fun, fun, fun to play!

Cgkdisc 11-14-2019 04:34 PM

There's a project like this pending where ski trick elements would be used as obstacles to create an 18-hole putting course next to a bar/restaurant with a patio overlooking the course with holes ranging from just 20 to 45 feet or so.