Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Course Design (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Executing The Dream (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58060)

DavidSauls 05-07-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InnocentCrook (Post 2449087)
First pic is looking up towards the drive at the top of the hill. Second pic is looking down the drive towards the road which is probably a 1/4 mile past the last of what is in the pic.(pond would be down the hill to the right.)

Oh, my.

DavidSauls 05-07-2014 10:51 PM

Congratulations.

Welcome to the club.

Looks like, in a couple of weeks, you're going to have one heck of a mowing job.

InnocentCrook 05-07-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 2449096)
Congratulations.

Welcome to the club.

Looks like, in a couple of weeks, you're going to have one heck of a mowing job.

Thanks!

Yeah, a good tractor is priority #1 as soon as we complete the move. Total of about 6-7 acres that need regular mowing and another 3 that will be more Bush hog type mowing.(3-4 times a year)

brutalbrutus 05-07-2014 11:06 PM

Like wow crook, that place almost looks like a ball golf course from those two pics. That top of the world drive looks like some serious fun...

Timeetyo 05-07-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InnocentCrook (Post 2449107)
Thanks!

Yeah, a good tractor is priority #1 as soon as we complete the move. Total of about 6-7 acres that need regular mowing and another 3 that will be more Bush hog type mowing.(3-4 times a year)

How many acres total? Nice elevation you have to play with - should make some fun holes.

InnocentCrook 05-07-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeetyo (Post 2449110)
How many acres total? Nice elevation you have to play with - should make some fun holes.

64 total. 9-10 is cleared, the rest is wooded. The pic looking down the drive is basically the top of my ridge. Good mix of woods with lots of eastern red cedar mixed throughout. The elevation mix should be excellent.

Also a good power line easement that cuts one of the front property corners that will make a sweet shot from one side of a valley to another.

InnocentCrook 05-07-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 2449108)
Like wow crook, that place almost looks like a ball golf course from those two pics. That top of the world drive looks like some serious fun...

Thanks!

Previous owner did a good job adding some sparse landscaping , the ponds, etc. She was building a dg course and didn't even know it.

brutalbrutus 05-07-2014 11:21 PM

Yea she was, the second pic you can see a couple acres without one dandelion. She must have spent a fortune at true green chemlawn lol.

InnocentCrook 05-07-2014 11:47 PM

My brother in law brought his quadcopter and GoPro down and we got some video flying around the top of the ridge. As soon as he edits it I'll see if it's worth posting. It was windy and my flying skills aren't very smooth yet so the video might be choppy as hell.

Menacewarf 05-08-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InnocentCrook (Post 2449107)
Thanks!

Congratulations! Don't forget with the tractor to get an iPod and hearing protection headphones so you can listen to podcasts, books on tape, music, ect when you run your equipment.

Do you have any ideas at this point for what you want your layout(s) to be? Acessible, fun, demanding, or a mix of two or three? With 64 acres and that kind of land you have all the opinions avail including multiple layouts.

I'd definitely like to see the copter footage if it's decent.