Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Pa2 vs. Jokeri (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131064)

bcr32 05-14-2018 01:31 PM

Pa2 vs. Jokeri

I'm wanting to try something for a more overstable compliment to my pure, which I love for straight to understable drives. I found that people were using pa2 and jokeri for this slot, but I'm wondering what the differences are between these two discs, and which one people would recommend. For reference, I throw my pures for most holes under 300'.

Muskiebite 05-14-2018 01:41 PM

I haven't thrown a pa2, but I throw Jokeri's and Pures as a 1-2 compliment. My short course bag has 5 Jokeris and 1 Pure. I find the Jokeri very versatile, it's OS enough you can throw it with Power on a Hyzer, but I also use it for straight shots by going just a touch anny for a straight flight and big sky anny it will fight out just enough to land flat and stick.

We did Prodiscus for our league stamped discs last year, atleast 6 members now bag Jokeri's because of this (I have 3 Jokeri aces, another league member has 2)

bcr32 05-14-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muskiebite (Post 3307409)
I haven't thrown a pa2, but I throw Jokeri's and Pures as a 1-2 compliment. My short course bag has 5 Jokeris and 1 Pure. I find the Jokeri very versatile, it's OS enough you can throw it with Power on a Hyzer, but I also use it for straight shots by going just a touch anny for a straight flight and big sky anny it will fight out just enough to land flat and stick.

We did Prodiscus for our league stamped discs last year, atleast 6 members now bag Jokeri's because of this (I have 3 Jokeri aces, another league member has 2)

What plastics do you use?

tbird888 05-14-2018 02:47 PM

PA2s for me (first run 400Gs) flew like a slightly more overstable Opto Pure. If I were looking for an overstable complement to Pures, I'd say the Jokeri and Breaker would be my first testers.

bcr32 05-14-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbird888 (Post 3307431)
I'd say the Jokeri and Breaker would be my first testers.

Does the breaker go as far as pures do, and I've heard jokeri's do? I'm loving that I can get mid distance with my opto and zero pures.

tbird888 05-14-2018 03:21 PM

They're both faster molds like, but they fade earlier. With the The Breaker's beaded. The Jokeri isn't. I honestly have settled on Zones and Classic Rocs for my throwing putters, and I didn't throw either of those OS putters when I carried Pures.

Muskiebite 05-14-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr32 (Post 3307429)
What plastics do you use?

I bag all three, but Ultrium and Basic are my main workhorses

Basic (DX, 300) Anny to straight shots or powered down hyzer upshots, also onced seasoned they become nice hyzer discs since they have some US beat into them

Ultrium (Star, 400g,750g like) Driving Putter, If the hole is 250' and under. 95% I'm throwing my Ultrium Jokeri

Premium (Champ, 750s) This one is also driving, it's more OS so I use it for headwind or longer holes if I need to add extra power, also great for Spike Hyzers too.

I generally bag 2 basics (One seasoned, one fresh) a ultrium and premium

DavidHedvin 10-10-2018 02:54 AM

Envy vs Jokeri.. Someone can tell me? :)

lines 10-10-2018 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidHedvin (Post 3362978)
Envy vs Jokeri.. Someone can tell me? :)

The Jokeri is a touch more OS. It also has a better grip imo. The Envy gives me easier distance. The two would make a good combo off the tee.

DavidHedvin 10-10-2018 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lines (Post 3362980)
The Jokeri is a touch more OS. It also has a better grip imo. The Envy gives me easier distance. The two would make a good combo off the tee.

Plastic wise, Basic, Ultrium, Premium. Should i buy one of each?