Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Evolution Exo Link (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134722)

Flick Maniac 08-07-2019 01:26 PM

Evolution Exo Link

This ought the be the most hyped of the Evolution releases. Super impressed with what they came up with.

Ask me whatever you want to know about it and I'll try to answer.

Horsman 08-07-2019 02:09 PM

How does it compare to the Judge or P3X.

And is the plastic the same as the trilogy line up

fishballer06 08-07-2019 02:13 PM

How's the size of the bead compare to the P1X?

Flick Maniac 08-07-2019 02:25 PM

Bead is fractionally bigger than on a P1x. Same size as on a Wizard. Judge I have no experince with, probably only ever held one once. P3x I think D-lines come closest. Soft Exo Link is pretty pliable but someone just said "not that soft" as you would expect a Lat64 base plastic soft to be.

midairmatthew 08-07-2019 11:33 PM

Is it essentially just a more shallow Wizard with a Wizardy flight?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Flick Maniac 08-08-2019 03:23 AM

Thats kinda how I feel, although most Wizards do have (slightly?) more fade and I feel like I can really hammer on them without turning them over. Not that the Link is flippy either, but there you go. YMMV obviously.

Oh, and little more glide on these than your basic Wizard, like I said on the video.

gerth_vader 08-08-2019 04:03 AM

can you compair it to the bullfrog?

Flick Maniac 08-08-2019 01:23 PM

No idea, sorry :/

Tolexi 08-20-2019 02:47 AM

How does the link compare to p1x/P2 flight-wise? I like the feel but haven't had a chance to throw it yet.

P1X | Rhyno | Jokeri | Emac Truth | TeeBird | PD | Destroyer

fishballer06 08-20-2019 09:44 AM

From using my Link over the past week, here's what I can say:

Putting - Doesn't seem to glide as much as my D line P2's. It's also more stable than any plastic variant I've used of a P2. Compared to the P1x, it's shallower and much more stable. Compared to a P3X, it is slightly deeper than the P3X by a slightest bit. It's not quite as stable as a P3X.

Throwing - I haven't ripped it to really test its range, so I can't comment on that or its glide. I will say that the soft version is the ultimate shorter approach disc that I've been missing. I like that I can put it on a hyzer and get it around any trees that might be in my way and it will hold it. Thrown flat with a little bit of snap, it goes laser straight and has a slight fade at the end. The soft plastic lets the disc quickly nestle to the ground whenever it makes contact.

The hard version of this plastic is similar to the Classic plastic that you see in the Dynamic putters. Stiff, rigid, but very grippy.

The soft version of this plastic is similar to the Classic Blend plastic that you see in the Dynamic putters. Fairly rigid, but flexible. Same great grip. Probably most comparable to X line if you only know the Discmania line of plastics.