Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Wizard (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86600)

Fosterjon35 04-13-2013 12:53 AM

Wizard

Just got myself a SS wizard from my local shop..all i gotta say my first day using this disc i shot my personal best score at mount airy for anyone who has played it..im still new to the game, been playing for about 14 months now..disc felt great in my hand, prolly getting duplicates soon!

Titanic_Sinks 04-13-2013 01:02 AM

Here's what you do:

Find user Johnny Depth
Challenge Johnny and his manbearpig Hoke
Get them to film it
Post it on here
If you are victorious, we can talk about your wizards.

Batmanx08 04-13-2013 09:42 AM

i got a wizard when i first started. But im the kinda player that likes to try a bunch of different discs. So just recently i pulled that old wizard out of the garage and my putting has improved over 100%. best putter i have ever used. I have a stupid super soft wizard

Grungedude42 04-13-2013 10:19 AM

I've got around 20 wizards in varying flavors. By DGCR standards, I only have "a few backups". The wizard is fantastic. I use it for approaches, and the chip in putt if the approach was good. From 10-35', though, my Anodes take over.

If you're going to get backups, but them soon. The plastic blend is ever changing. Buy as many as you can in the exact weight so you have a practice stack of identical putters.

Chainchaser 04-13-2013 10:35 AM

Try a SSSS Wizard they are nice. I have several styles of wizard from a hard SSS to an soft SSS and a medium and all fly the same. Even though the plastic does change they all fly very similar which is nice.

attik34 04-13-2013 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=Grungedude42;1948079
If you're going to get backups, but them soon. The plastic blend is ever changing. Buy as many as you can in the exact weight so you have a practice stack of identical putters.[/QUOTE]

While i agree with this to an extent...i'll say the wizard has been the most consistent disc across plastics i've dealt with...its flight feels exactly the same no matter what plastic you have...just my 2 pennies

HeavyCritters 04-13-2013 11:09 AM

I picked up an RFF Wizard to replace my R-Pro Dart a few weeks ago and haven't looked back.

Hands down the best putter I've ever played with.

tbird888 04-13-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fosterjon35 (Post 1947914)
Just got myself a SS wizard from my local shop..all i gotta say my first day using this disc i shot my personal best score at mount airy for anyone who has played it..im still new to the game, been playing for about 14 months now..disc felt great in my hand, prolly getting duplicates soon!

Congrats on finding your putter. It took me four years to find mine. The Wizard was love at first putt for me. My first round with them was at Banklick, and I don't think I missed anything from inside the circle. Be careful. They can be addictive. I got caught up looking for the "perfect" feel.

Bardu 04-13-2013 11:36 AM

Yup. I've tried most all putters on the market and Wizards were the one for me. Deep, flat, crazy baseline plastic, great stability and a nice bead. Stick with them, they will reward you!

dx_roc 04-13-2013 11:43 AM

Wizards are my personal favorite, you just have to stock up when you find some you like.

Warlocks are underrated.