Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

fishballer06 07-01-2019 10:01 AM

I think at this point, we've all realized that the Guardian Lion/Tiger Warrior has become a diamond in the rough that everyone is loving. I have personally put one in my bag and it's currently on the brink of bumping out my P3X all together.

With that being said, when can we expect to get a Tiger Warrior in a premium plastic?

TKWolverine 07-01-2019 10:16 AM

Are there any more Active line discs in the works for 2019?

Flick Maniac 07-01-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krooster (Post 3468587)
I take back what I said about wanting more P1's in soft p-line. I picked up an x-line P1X, and it's everything I wanted the P1 to be. More comfortable in the hand and I think it's even more neutral when powered down. I can see why it's more popular than the P1!

I used to looooooove those things. Had a pile of concave ones. Then I got a Wizard out of the blue and that snowballed... Probably lost a little glide in the exchange but gained stability for really ripping drives with a putter.

ArtemisClydFr0g 07-01-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3468736)
I think at this point, we've all realized that the Guardian Lion/Tiger Warrior has become a diamond in the rough that everyone is loving. I have personally put one in my bag and it's currently on the brink of bumping out my P3X all together.

With that being said, when can we expect to get a Tiger Warrior in a premium plastic?

I don't think any of the active line will be coming out in premium plastics.

Jenga54 07-01-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3468795)
I don't think any of the active line will be coming out in premium plastics.

Not this year. But Yikun has other plastics so it's def a possibility

Discmania_Support 07-01-2019 03:01 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3468167)
After some time in my bag, I've fallen in love with the Royal Rage. And I saw you sold out on your website this week as well. I can't wait for the next batch!:thmbup:

We've got some more online! The color combos aren't very wide at the moment but all discs listed online are part of the initial run and are fantastic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer93 (Post 3468397)
This. I LOVE the combo of the instinct and RR. I was absolutely skeptical of speed 7s but after having multiple 450' throws with both these, I have even dropped my PDs! Just awesome in a way no other combo has been since the old SE Leopard and SE teebird (very first TL).

We feel the same way too. All of us here have both in our bags for the same reason. In fact, the 2nd run FD hasn't graced our bag in a long time. Instinct for a little extra sauce on the throw, RR for smooth distance and laser straight shots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krooster (Post 3468587)
I take back what I said about wanting more P1's in soft p-line. I picked up an x-line P1X, and it's everything I wanted the P1 to be. More comfortable in the hand and I think it's even more neutral when powered down. I can see why it's more popular than the P1!

That's an excellent choice. Although the X-Line is a bit more firm, the flights should definitely resemble that of the P-Line P1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -3k3- (Post 3468709)
Any new bags in the works? Or other accessories? I saw the Sportsacks, those were cool.

New bag will definitely be coming in the near future. Hopefully you'll get word about that fairly soon :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3468736)
I think at this point, we've all realized that the Guardian Lion/Tiger Warrior has become a diamond in the rough that everyone is loving. I have personally put one in my bag and it's currently on the brink of bumping out my P3X all together.

With that being said, when can we expect to get a Tiger Warrior in a premium plastic?

A definite sleeper for sure. People really love them so far and we're pleased to get such a positive response. All molds for that matter are very useful. Premium Active line is in the discussion but will not become a thing, if so, until 2020

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKWolverine (Post 3468740)
Are there any more Active line discs in the works for 2019?

No new Active molds in the works for this year but 2020 is definitely an option!

fishballer06 07-12-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3468136)
The P-Line plastic in drivers will not be made again unfortunately. There’s always a chance for something Mystery Box related at some point but even that chance is rather slim.


Unfortunately P-Line drivers won’t return. Sorry about that. Hopefully we’ll have a good substitute for you in the near future that you like even more.

You mentioned P-Line drivers twice, but didn't mention mid's. Will we be getting more P-line MD3's (and 4's)?

Flick Maniac 07-13-2019 02:32 AM

Saw the bag few weeks ago and got a quick introduction. Superb design details. Would get one in an instant if the 7-year old Grip wasnt looking to last forever. I'll probably be buried with it.

King K 07-14-2019 01:59 PM

Will the three-tooled FD2 (royal rage mold) be released as a stock disc anytime soon? or will it be a recurring tour series disc?

DiscyBusiness 07-14-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King K (Post 3472796)
Will the three-tooled FD2 (royal rage mold) be released as a stock disc anytime soon? or will it be a recurring tour series disc?

See post #3316

discerdoo 07-15-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3452162)
Good question. We have our next batch of PDs to be produced in July. Not too far away!

Any ETA on when these will show up in retail shops? Hopefully a fair amount will be less than max weight.

Don Romeo 07-28-2019 11:05 AM

I saw Nate Perkins in the bag european open video, saw new discmania bag, when will it be available?

fishballer06 07-30-2019 10:18 AM

D line CD3's. This should be a thing.

DanJon 07-30-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Romeo (Post 3477605)
I saw Nate Perkins in the bag european open video, saw new discmania bag, when will it be available?


Did they buy the design or copy the company that Philo had a bag from?

DinosaurThunder 07-30-2019 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Romeo (Post 3477605)
I saw Nate Perkins in the bag european open video, saw new discmania bag, when will it be available?

It’s a Guru Yme and they must have an agreement with Discmania for production because Nate said its the new “Expedition” bag from Discmania. Swedish company - maybe connected through the Lat64 agreement? The non DM branded bag converted to $200 usd (I think.). After you import them from overseas and add a DM logo, I suspect it may be slightly higher in price. Could be wrong :)

Flick Maniac 07-31-2019 06:28 AM

^thats assuming a whole lot. From what I remember it was aimed at the Grip price range or lower but who knows. I could be making all this up too.

D-line drivers above PD/TD speed.... Yeah aint going to happen or I am going to eat one :D

discerdoo 07-31-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discerdoo (Post 3472960)
Any ETA on when these will show up in retail shops? Hopefully a fair amount will be less than max weight.

So yeah, how about an update on the new PD run since it's the last day of July.

Hyzer Ale 08-01-2019 04:41 PM

Any new update on the FD2? Your website still shows an estimated release of July. Are these getting close?

broomerang 08-01-2019 04:43 PM

I think Discmania needs more employees.

(waiting for job posting with resume in hand)

krooster 08-03-2019 12:59 PM

Does anyone else think that soft P line is more durable than X line?

The soft P line that the P1 was originally run in was kind of floppy, but seemed indestructible. The special edition soft P line P2 is also basically indestructible, and less floppy (in my opinion, perfection). However I have X line P1x's and while I love the flight and grip, they get dinged up really fast.

I would LOVE to see the P1x run in soft P line.

Flick Maniac 08-04-2019 11:50 AM

They did have soft P-P1xs, but i never thought they were particularly resilient...

Jenga54 08-04-2019 11:09 PM

Could we get a down and dirty answer why we get mostly green and sandy yellow-brown Swirly discs instead of mostly pink, red, purple, blue, orange, dayglo or maybe even black/greys.
Yes we get some of those. But by-golly if you look at a lot of 25 of em, maybe half are desirable to someone.
Actually we just want blue ones. Instead of making all the colors mixed together, just make a whole batch of 2000 blue Swirly and 2000 pink swirly - just like there's only 4 colors of Evolution plastics.

ttstreamer 08-05-2019 10:44 AM

Are there any plans for releasing the Method in Exo plastics?

ArtemisClydFr0g 08-06-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3480489)
Could we get a down and dirty answer why we get mostly green and sandy yellow-brown Swirly discs instead of mostly pink, red, purple, blue, orange, dayglo or maybe even black/greys.
Yes we get some of those. But by-golly if you look at a lot of 25 of em, maybe half are desirable to someone.
Actually we just want blue ones. Instead of making all the colors mixed together, just make a whole batch of 2000 blue Swirly and 2000 pink swirly - just like there's only 4 colors of Evolution plastics.

My theory is that it's Innova's way of using excess/leftover plastic. They mix the colors together and this is what we get. Then we pay $20+ for the special stamps.

Flick Maniac 08-06-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttstreamer (Post 3480640)
Are there any plans for releasing the Method in Exo plastics?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic 8 Ball
As I see it, yes.

:) :) :)

Alexplz 08-06-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3481346)
My theory is that it's Innova's way of using excess/leftover plastic. They mix the colors together and this is what we get. Then we pay $20+ for the special stamps.

Used to be echostar for a discount, now it's swirled star for a premium! Hope whoever came up with this one got a fat bonus.

fishballer06 08-07-2019 09:39 AM

When can we expect to see more black putters? I'd love a few D line P2's and P1X's, as well as some Tiger Warriors.

discerdoo 08-07-2019 09:54 AM

Discmania dude, we have questions and only you have answers!

Alexplz 08-07-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3468136)
...

We’re back! Sorry for the delays. Royal Rage should be here in 2 months or less.


Hey Discmania, sounds like there are a number of people still very interested in the release date of full production Royal Rages! End of this month would be 2 months since the above post, got a date for us? <3

The Albatross 08-07-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexplz (Post 3482104)
Hey Discmania, sounds like there are a number of people still very interested in the release date of full production Royal Rages! End of this month would be 2 months since the above post, got a date for us? <3

Maybe something went wrong. Idk. What I do know though, is I don’t envy Discmania Support.

Link to the old May/June release screenshot:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...1&d=1556121060

Alexplz 08-09-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Albatross (Post 3482351)
Maybe something went wrong. Idk. What I do know though, is I don’t envy Discmania Support.

Link to the old May/June release screenshot:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...1&d=1556121060

I don't blame them for reaching out to other manufacturers. They have fans with money burning holes in their pockets and no discs to sell. Hundreds of posts a year on here with people begging for their favorite molds to be stocked in no-brainer plastics and configurations, and it's always "those are coming sometime soon."

At a certain point as a guy who throws a mixed bag, I'm ready to say forget it and decide to be content with a GStar teebird.

Discmania_Support 08-09-2019 02:17 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Test

Jenga54 08-09-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3483087)
Test

Hello World

Jenga54 08-09-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3481346)
My theory is that it's Innova's way of using excess/leftover plastic. They mix the colors together and this is what we get. Then we pay $20+ for the special stamps.

Weird how all their scrap is tan yellow and green, hardly any blue at all

thatdirtykid 08-09-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3483087)
Test

Looks like you figured it out. Good job.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

discerdoo 08-09-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3483091)
Weird how all their scrap is tan yellow and green, hardly any blue at all

Grey is sorta close to blue.

Discmania_Support 08-12-2019 02:30 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscyBusiness (Post 3453739)
I'm excited about the DD3 and Iron Samurai dropping tomorrow, but I'm curious if there's any updated info on when a stock run of the F2v3 will be released? Loving the Royal Rage.

There will be a stock run of the FD2 this year but the slot hasn’t been made yet for a release date. Most likely in the next couple of months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by broomerang (Post 3453937)
That mad scramble to complete a checkout for an MD3 and DD3 was not fun.

1) put a limit on how many discs one customer can buy on new/limited releases.
2) once you click "checkout" the items in your cart should not be able to be sniped as you are selecting shipping and filling out payment. I had to reselect discs 4 times after selecting shipping.

This is something we’ve been working on diligently to find a solution for. We’ve struck out a few times with web developers but are determined to get it taken care of as fast as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owensjef (Post 3454218)
Not in disagreement. The current stock does not reflect the small availabilities over the past 3 years. Things may be currently improving, but I have found other options, more readily available and without inflation.

The discmania boat has sailed, and I am indifferent about missing it.

A growing company unfortunately passes those same pains onto customers inevitably. Orders that are far too massive and in multiple products can sink a company very quickly so it’s risky business not being careful with purchases. Many factors come into play such as the main one which is purchasing products a minimum of 6+ months in advance that don’t meet the high demand when the product is ready to sell. Case: Cloud Breaker.

The production numbers we ordered late last year were based on current demand, following, and growth numbers but by the time they were ready to sell the demand was much higher. We’re always learning and growing while making sure each decision made is also to ensure the success of the company in the long run and not making risky choices that could be devastating. We’ll get there.

Discmania_Support 08-12-2019 02:31 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Any chance that there will be more P1's run in soft p-line? It's darn near indestructible but my greatest fear is losing one and not being able to get a replacement since I use them for most of my putter drives (and upshots and putts).[/QUOTE]

The P1 won’t be run in the soft plastic most likely but you can expect more Soft P2 to pop up as well as the P1x again most likely. Possibly another mold as well :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3466579)
Will we see another run of the P1x in S-line (or swirly)? I picked up a swirly P1x a while back and it's been my main approach disc for a while. The S-line keeps it reliably stable even in headwinds, but it never really fades. Would love to see it in regular S-line too.

Also, when is the next run of [stiff] P-line P2s? Stock seems to have dried up for the most part. I see the randoms left on a handful of websites, but not much of a selection.

Next batch of P-Line P2 is due in a couple weeks. D-Line too. As far as the swirly putters go we won’t do any this year but will take a look next year. More than likely the P1x won’t be made again in swirl plastic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3468736)
I think at this point, we've all realized that the Guardian Lion/Tiger Warrior has become a diamond in the rough that everyone is loving. I have personally put one in my bag and it's currently on the brink of bumping out my P3X all together.

With that being said, when can we expect to get a Tiger Warrior in a premium plastic?

Not in 2019 for sure. I can’t disclose any info concerning plans for new plastics in Active line currently. Sorry about that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKWolverine (Post 3468740)
Are there any more Active line discs in the works for 2019?

No new Active molds planned for 2019 but you can expect us to look to expand a bit the following year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3472407)
You mentioned P-Line drivers twice, but didn't mention mid's. Will we be getting more P-line MD3's (and 4's)?

Like stiff P-Line? I’m not sure we have ever run out of them online.


https://www.discmania.net/collection...ore-mini-stamp
https://www.discmania.net/collection...cts/p-line-md4
https://www.discmania.net/collection...lds-fundraiser


Quote:

Originally Posted by King K (Post 3472796)
Will the three-tooled FD2 (royal rage mold) be released as a stock disc anytime soon? or will it be a recurring tour series disc?

We’ve planned on a restock and those will indeed be made in about a month or two

Quote:

Originally Posted by discerdoo (Post 3472960)
Any ETA on when these will show up in retail shops? Hopefully a fair amount will be less than max weight.

Cloud Breakers will return very shortly. Lower weights included.
DD3 next batch will have plenty of lower weights as well. Those will follow shortly after.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Romeo (Post 3477605)
I saw Nate Perkins in the bag european open video, saw new discmania bag, when will it be available?

TBD. We’re working on a few details on the bag before we proceed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krooster (Post 3480118)
Does anyone else think that soft P line is more durable than X line?

The soft P line that the P1 was originally run in was kind of floppy, but seemed indestructible. The special edition soft P line P2 is also basically indestructible, and less floppy (in my opinion, perfection). However I have X line P1x's and while I love the flight and grip, they get dinged up really fast.

I would LOVE to see the P1x run in soft P line.

I’d say it’s fairly certain you will see the P1x run again in soft plastic. P2 for sure will make another debut as well.

We haven’t noticed the Soft plastic being more durable than X-Line but would be interested to hear from others. I’d venture to say the opposite but maybe other folks feel the same as you do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenga54 (Post 3480489)
Could we get a down and dirty answer why we get mostly green and sandy yellow-brown Swirly discs instead of mostly pink, red, purple, blue, orange, dayglo or maybe even black/greys.
Yes we get some of those. But by-golly if you look at a lot of 25 of em, maybe half are desirable to someone.
Actually we just want blue ones. Instead of making all the colors mixed together, just make a whole batch of 2000 blue Swirly and 2000 pink swirly - just like there's only 4 colors of Evolution plastics.

Swirls are tough. I think there are many factors to the equation but they are unpredictable at times. Production is always finding new ways to perfect the process. In a nutshell, although muddy discs are undesirable, the fact that these discs are all basically unicorns make the Originals swirl discs highly sought after. We’d love for every one to be mind blowing but it’s just not always in the cards. Based on that fact alone, that’s why people love them so much because they are all so unique.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3481975)
When can we expect to see more black putters? I'd love a few D line P2's and P1X's, as well as some Tiger Warriors.

New batches of both P and D-Line P2 due in a couple weeks. Keep you posted!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexplz (Post 3482104)
Hey Discmania, sounds like there are a number of people still very interested in the release date of full production Royal Rages! End of this month would be 2 months since the above post, got a date for us? <3

RR should make a comeback in the next month or so. We’ll work hard to get these out as fast as we can.

discerdoo 08-12-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3483973)


Cloud Breakers will return very shortly. Lower weights included.
DD3 next batch will have plenty of lower weights as well. Those will follow shortly after.

I have no interest in these discs. My previous 2 inquiries were about a new run of PD, which you previously indicated would be out in July. So, when can we hope to see these in shops?

Great to know you are running the DD3 in lower weights, I'm confident that you can do the same with PDs.

Discmania_Support 08-12-2019 03:43 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by discerdoo (Post 3483978)
I have no interest in these discs. My previous 2 inquiries were about a new run of PD, which you previously indicated would be out in July. So, when can we hope to see these in shops?

Great to know you are running the DD3 in lower weights, I'm confident that you can do the same with PDs.

We'll have a special version of the PD coming very soon with some portions of it in the 170 range but not many. Our next production batches of S and C-Line PD should arrive some time in September or October at the latest most likely.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.