Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

uncle pennybags 11-25-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3661623)
Crap, that is a world of suck. Sorry to hear you caught it and I hope you fully recover. A hospital stay of that length alone, is going to lay a licking on you. Be patient with your comeback.

The truly frightening part (like all of it is not terrifying), is the symptom free period. Allowing people who are carriers to believe they are healthy. Man, it reinforces the need for vigilance. If pennybags had been a denier (or just lazy :wall:) and active in his community, he could have done some real damage, in turn all those folks could have gone out and done more damage.......wait, you guys have heard this story, right?

The part you didn't hear is that thinking I was just regular sick and not Covid sick, went to work for 3 days before getting checked out.:doh: (I came down with symptoms on a Saturday. It was a full week before I went to the hospital)

DG_player 11-25-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle pennybags (Post 3661770)
The part you didn't hear is that thinking I was just regular sick and not Covid sick, went to work for 3 days before getting checked out.:doh: (I came down with symptoms on a Saturday. It was a full week before I went to the hospital)

That's the biggest problem with this disease, the people who never get "Covid sick" or the people who think they're regular sick for a period of time. Which is why the advice of if you're at all sick, test or no test, stay at home is the best.

Just look at college football to see how messed up people's views are. Dabo Swinney is lambasting florida state for canceling their game, after Clemson allowed a symptomatic player to practice and travel with their team for a week. :doh: Why would you even allow a sick player to practice and travel to begin with, but you're seriously gonna accuse the opposing team for dodging the game?!? The NCAA ought to censure him or suspend or something.

joecoin 11-26-2020 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muptonfish (Post 3661718)
:confused:

... 73% of the people had to google the definition of nuance.

;)

Not me. My Mormon uncle got remarried to twin sisters, now I have two nuance.

Smigles 11-26-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle pennybags (Post 3661770)

You dont go to work with "regular sick" either...

robdeforge 11-26-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG_player (Post 3661812)
Just look at college football to see how messed up people's views are. Dabo Swinney is lambasting florida state for canceling their game, after Clemson allowed a symptomatic player to practice and travel with their team for a week. :doh: Why would you even allow a sick player to practice and travel to begin with, but you're seriously gonna accuse the opposing team for dodging the game?!? The NCAA ought to censure him or suspend or something.

according to this article: https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2...covid-timeline , dabo might not have done anything that is against ACC covid protocols, which is telling in its own right.

perklc 11-26-2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smigles (Post 3661945)
You dont go to work with "regular sick" either...

Welcome to America!

Early on, one of my hopes once we get passed this pandemic from this was that in the US we would start normalizing the idea of if you are sick, stay tf home, and employers would start support the idea of "oh, maybe sick employees shouldn't come into work and get everyone else sick". That's clearly not going to happen at this point. I think at best, for some office anyway, it will instead become "well, if you're sick, just get your work done from home" which... I guess is slightly better?

My hope now is that we somewhat start to normalize the idea that if you're sick and need to go out, maybe a mask isn't a bad idea. I don't see that happening either, but.. maybe?

Emoney 11-26-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perklc (Post 3661963)
Welcome to America!

Early on, one of my hopes once we get passed this pandemic from this was that in the US we would start normalizing the idea of if you are sick, stay tf home, and employers would start support the idea of "oh, maybe sick employees shouldn't come into work and get everyone else sick". That's clearly not going to happen at this point. I think at best, for some office anyway, it will instead become "well, if you're sick, just get your work done from home" which... I guess is slightly better?

My hope now is that we somewhat start to normalize the idea that if you're sick and need to go out, maybe a mask isn't a bad idea. I don't see that happening either, but.. maybe?

Im lucky to work for a company that is forward thinking on this issue. 3 extra days off next year. Plus, i imagine if/when the office becomes a work site again, we will have the capabilities to work from home alot easier than before.
I personally dont care for the type of work i do BUT the company i do it for has been exceptional during Covid.

I know iam one of the few lucky ones.

perklc 11-26-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emoney (Post 3662017)
Im lucky to work for a company that is forward thinking on this issue. 3 extra days off next year. Plus, i imagine if/when the office becomes a work site again, we will have the capabilities to work from home alot easier than before.
I personally dont care for the type of work i do BUT the company i do it for has been exceptional during Covid.

I know iam one of the few lucky ones.

My company has been surprisingly good and has continued to let people who can work from home continue to do so even though they were mostly against WFH pre-Covid. Unfortunately for me, my job will require I be in the office 5 days per week beginning in January and will begin seeing a good bit number of people beginning the end of January. I am in a position where I can enforce very strict measures about masks (like.. they can't come in the building if they don't have one/I can kick them out if they refuse to wear it or wear it right), and the my program should be pretty much the only people in my building, but I am not exactly excited about the change especially being so close to potentially having multiple options for vaccines.

txmxer 11-26-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3661692)
Yes. But I'm a lot more bothered by the people who don't even have a mask in the car to ponder going back to. Unlike our hero with a single, or possibly occasional, transgression, they're doing it with every interaction in their life.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Meanwhile, Discraft Dad, next time please give further thought to returning to the car for the mask. It reduces the slight risk by a little more, and it's not a huge ask. With a side benefit that everyone seen with a mask -- or better, making an effort to get their mask -- adds a tad to the social norms of wearing them.

Agree totally. Dad, just because Iím not in to bashing on you for an occasional fail, I think itís important to do the right thing and go back for the mask.

Innova63 11-26-2020 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Its hard to wear a mask...

just to go to the store...

Try dancing in a parade...