Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Monocacy 04-10-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke (Post 3573307)
Yeah, the Netherlands has far superior demographics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke (Post 3573359)
I wonder if that has anything to do either higher levels of homogeneity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke (Post 3573398)
Lol. I don't care how you interpret it, . . .

Seems pretty clear what you are trying to imply. If you believe something strongly, why not express your belief openly?

Quote:

. . . and I'm most certainly not going to waste any time trying to have a scientific conversion with a nurse.

You know that nurses have to study science, right? When I took microbiology the class was mostly nursing students.

Hampstead 04-10-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiflyer (Post 3573400)
I was just thinking of this the other day after i saw a few families buying food while reading the recipe. It sounds good on paper, but I wouldn't be too venturesome about it.
Think about it: Attempt a new recipe and botch it. Now your family is spewing out of every hole. Next step is go to hospital to curb the fluids, add more burden to health care system and possibly contract COVID19 while you're there.
Beyond that, if you dont like what you made, or you burn it all to crisp, you've just wasted food that someone else could have actually eaten.
Probably best to stick with what you know, for now.

:rolleyes:

ru4por 04-10-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Lol. I don't care how you interpret it, and I'm most certainly not going to waste any time trying to have a scientific conversion with a nurse.

I don't need any benefit of your doubt.

Seems as if you need something. You presented no science, you presented no data. You presented an open ended presumption....really the opposite of science.

My post was encouraging you to have an intelligent conversation, a few steps below a scientific one. I certainly still invite you to provide the requesting information, to have that conversation. There are many here that are smart enough to have your homogeneity conversation with you. If you prefer to have me stay out of that discussion, I would oblige.

Name calling and personal attacks are no way to have a scientific conversation, just my last piece of nursing advice....we study therapeutic communication, as well. :D

ru4por 04-10-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Lol. I don't care how you interpret it, and I'm most certainly not going to waste any time trying to have a scientific conversion with a nurse.

I don't need any benefit of your doubt.

After taking the high road, I feel a bit slighted. So, I took a couple minutes to ensure I have not dismissed any really well thought out posts of yours, that I might have missed.

To date, here is the totality of your COVID scientific conversation.

"Corona better not stop disc golf tournaments or coverage. I'll kick its ass myself."

"Lol. This is a really dumb take."

"They certainly don't need the kind of socialization experienced in public school. Public school is just babysitting and free meals."

" If I was good enough to win tournaments as a touring player, I wouldn't miss a weekend.
A body only lasts so long. Get as many tee shots as you can. Same reason I'm still playing casually every day."

"The rest of the world either has it or is going to get it, too. We won't be hit the hardest. There are plenty of countries with far greater population densities and lower quality healthcare facilities."

"And since you can't choose NOT to go to school without the dumbest kids, school is always going to be a massive waste of time for all literate students. I took every AP class my school offered, and there were still kids in those classes who aren't qualified to rotate the tires on my cars today. "

"I'd rather be getting my tax dollars back for all the public services currently closed."

"I know it won't happen, because evil people run the fed."

"You don't understand how the fed works. They're not part of the govt. No one votes for them."

"I'm just playing solo. No worries."

"This gave me aSo good laugh. You literally quote that the positions are appointed by the president, and not voted on. That's exactly my point. There hasn't been a non banker owned president since Kennedy, and that's why they killed him. They've ensured there's never been a non puppet on the ballot for my entire life time.
Just like citi bank appointed Obama's cabinet, and some other bank likely appointed Trump's, the president is just a front man."

"I haven't missed a round that I would have otherwise played."

"Played three rounds today. Was glorious not having all the Bluetooth speaker chodes there."

Some seriously, heady, scientific posts. I can see where you would be talking above my head.

Countchunkula 04-10-2020 04:33 PM

^I agree with him regarding the "Bluetooth speaker chodes".;)

JuanA 04-10-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3573424)
...Some seriously, heady, scientific posts. I can see where you would be talking above my head.

When I first read his comment about not wanting to debate a nurse, I honestly thought it was because he felt out-gunned.

After seeing all those posts in one place, I believe I was right.

Hampstead 04-10-2020 06:10 PM

It's a bored, stupid troll who has offered nothing of interest for awhile now. I say this as someone who is 1/7 troll on my dad's side according to 23andMe.

ohtobediscing 04-10-2020 07:44 PM

All those who thought we would be done with this after 2 weeks or even in the next 2 weeks, raise your hand.

Now slap the living s*** out of your delusional self. And slap Trump 2 or 3 times while you're at it.

davetherocketguy 04-10-2020 10:38 PM

No idea if this is a reliable source but I keep seeing similar stories everywhere.

Unexpected Consequence of COVID-19 Crisis: Empty Emergency Rooms

Quote:

An ER nurse who works in Northern Virginia and asked not to be identified, told InsideSources that his emergency room has been like a ghost town for weeks. He called his shifts the easiest of his career.

“The only thing there is more of in the ERs right now is free food,” he said, referring to the food and other gifts community members are dropping off in support of hospital staff.

“Yes, we are dealing with some COVID-19 patients,” he said. “It’s just not nearly the war zone the media is making it out to be."
I am not an idiot and I do realize that this isn't true for every hospital. Now we all know empty ERs are certainly not the case for NY Hospitals of course...but then again it sorta looks like NY hospitals were struggling over a year before COVID due to Cuomo's budget cuts:

Hospitals warn against Cuomo’s proposed Medicaid cuts

davetherocketguy 04-10-2020 10:46 PM

Even in Detroit...one of the COVID hot spots Hospitals are laying people off:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...NvqGyBN_9T6Hgs

Just seems so backwards to me. This is not good. If the hospitals aren't making money it makes it harder for them to pay the people who are treating the COVID patients, buy PPE, etc...