Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

DavidSauls 12-17-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3670256)
Nice. I agree that it is odd, that it seems so few grasp the concepts. This was first introduced in middle school, in my education. Were that many kids just not paying attention? Was teaching biology not universal in school systems? Is the educational system, in general, just not effective? :confused::confused:

I'm not sure how much of this was known, when I was in middle school.

jakebake91 12-17-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3670282)
I'm not sure how much of this was known, when I was in middle school.

Was it before the discovery of DNA??????


Curious kids* wanna know hahaha.


Kidding kidding. Kind of. Mostly. Lol.




*Jake is gonna play the "kid" card till it's absolutely impossible!

ejvogie 12-17-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3670326)
Was it before the discovery of DNA??????


Curious kids* wanna know hahaha.


Kidding kidding. Kind of. Mostly. Lol.




*Jake is gonna play the "kid" card till it's absolutely impossible!

< Still mentally a kid, according to my wife.

DavidSauls 12-17-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3670326)
Was it before the discovery of DNA??????


Curious kids* wanna know hahaha.


Kidding kidding. Kind of. Mostly. Lol.




*Jake is gonna play the "kid" card till it's absolutely impossible!

I think the double helix concept was fairly new when I was in middle school (ca. 1970).

DavidSauls 12-17-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3670373)
I think the double helix concept was fairly new when I was in middle school (ca. 1970).

I've kept up with other fields of science, a bit better. I never imagined that RNA would one day become a common topic of discussion.

Monocacy 12-17-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejvogie (Post 3670368)
< Still mentally a kid, according to my wife.

"You're only young once. But you can be immature forever." :)

dysmike 12-17-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JedV (Post 3670166)
Bush crud and large particulate matter... Sure. That is different from trying to protect yourself from smog.

I wear a p100 respirator when mowing my lawn because of hay fever and asthma. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy because I'm wearing what looks like a gas mask. I'm just doing that I need to do to breathe later the day and not have an asthma attack.

You don't need a p100 for that, a N95 would suffice (if fitted properly). You're not being exposed to oils (that's what the p designates). They're both pretty much equally effective for particulates.

Since it's been mentioned, every time I've been in Asia.. those surgical masks have been worn mostly during cold season, to limit spread.

When the AQ has been bad in Shanghai, if people were wearing masks they were particulate masks (kn95s etc) since the bulk of their pollutants are actually particulates. Just like it was here during the forest fires last year.. so yea, particulate filtration does have a positive effect.

ru4por 12-17-2020 08:18 PM

I want to say this surprises me, but this guy has been reported as a religious wackjob for years.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...180513750.html

JedV 12-17-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dysmike (Post 3670455)
You don't need a p100 for that, a N95 would suffice (if fitted properly). You're not being exposed to oils (that's what the p designates). They're both pretty much equally effective for particulates.

Since it's been mentioned, every time I've been in Asia.. those surgical masks have been worn mostly during cold season, to limit spread.

When the AQ has been bad in Shanghai, if people were wearing masks they were particulate masks (kn95s etc) since the bulk of their pollutants are actually particulates. Just like it was here during the forest fires last year.. so yea, particulate filtration does have a positive effect.

I don't disagree, all good points.

I know that it's overkill. I have the pink p100 filters from when I was doing renovations at my house. It's what I've got on hand (can't get replacement n95s if I wanted to because of the supply chain being effed by the pandemic.

Also forgot to mention that my asthma is triggered by smoke/exhaust and the crappy gas lawnmower I own sure spews out a lot.

My comments about Asia were based on crappy news coverage with people wearing paper masks that don't seal to protect them from pollution. Could be sh!tty reporting, could be dumb mask users, I don't know. I was thinking about ultrafine (PM2.5) kind of particles that surgical masks won't protect against.

I wore my P100 outfitted respirator during first fire season this summer, while commuting to work by bike. I looked absolutely ridiculous. But otherwise would have had a significant asthma attack ;)

Hampstead 12-17-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3670519)
I want to say this surprises me, but this guy has been reported as a religious wackjob for years.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...180513750.html

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-30-2016/jzQQuC.gif


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.