Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Vonbeezy1 12-19-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3671109)
Uh,...er....I'm proof employers can fire you for no reason. :(

I would argue you can not put my other employees are risk by not taking the vaccine.

Do you work at a hospital? That is what I am referring to. There is no way that making the vaccine mandatory will be a viable option.

Jay Dub 12-19-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonbeezy1 (Post 3671113)
Do you work at a hospital? That is what I am referring to. There is no way that making the vaccine mandatory will be a viable option.

They were talking employers, nothing more specific than that.

Vonbeezy1 12-19-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3671117)
They were talking employers, nothing more specific than that.

Gotcha. I will be interested to see how this plays out in the upcoming months... I am a travel nurse so this is the most interesting time to be a nurse and work during a pandemic

ru4por 12-19-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonbeezy1 (Post 3671093)
I am NOT going to get into a debate about vaccines ( I am an RN and I work front line) but if at any point in the near future hospitals mandated the covid vaccine, not only is it a slippery slope (just like mandated flu vaccines), you are talking about the potential for mass exodus from people who do direct patient care. I think hospitals should seriously think this through if they have any thoughts on making it mandatory. There is already a nursing shortage and enough front liners who are skeptical about a vaccine to make it downright dangerous for patients (patient ratios and quality of care) if they mandate the vaccine.

I don't think you will see any healthcare systems mandating COVID vaccinations at this point. For the very reasons you highlight.

Vonbeezy1 12-19-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3671125)
I don't think you will see any healthcare systems mandating COVID vaccinations at this point. For the very reasons you highlight.

Are you on facebook? I am on all the travel pages and someone posted that a hospital in Kentucky is mandating it. They linked the article to it. I will see if I can find it and post here

ru4por 12-19-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonbeezy1 (Post 3671127)
Are you on facebook? I am on all the travel pages and someone posted that a hospital in Kentucky is mandating it. They linked the article to it. I will see if I can find it and post here

I imagine some will try. But, it is ultimately a failing proposition. Once COVID has stabilized and staffing concerns are back to normal, I could see the mandates. Our system does not even mandate flu shots. You have to wear a mask in all patient areas, all the time, if you decline.

Monocacy 12-19-2020 02:00 PM

This Congressional Research Service article provides a nice overview of legal precedents for mandatory vaccination laws, noting that state and local governments have primary responsibility for preservation of public health in most cases. CRS is known for providing nonpartisan and thoroughly researched issue summaries.

Mandatory Vaccinations: Precedent and Current Laws | CRS 2014

billmh 12-19-2020 03:18 PM

Game on with the vaccine

1 Attachment(s)
My wife got her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine this morning. She is the Director of Pediatric Nursing at Riverside University Health System Medical Center. As of this writing they have over 140 COVID patients in the hospital. They had 15 on November 1st (which was plenty).

McCready 12-19-2020 04:47 PM

It’s truly breathtaking, we started hearing about this virus in January, pandemic & lockdowns started in March, and in December there are approved vaccines. Might be the greatest human achievement of my lifetime.

ru4por 12-19-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCready (Post 3671175)
Itís truly breathtaking, we started hearing about this virus in January, pandemic & lockdowns started in March, and in December there are approved vaccines. Might be the greatest human achievement of my lifetime.

I imagine an argument could be made for space travel and the internet, but the speed at which we have been able to bring a vaccine to market, is indeed amazing.