Thread: Power grip
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 09:00 AM
New013's Avatar
New013 New013 is offline
* Ace Member *
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 169
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,139
Niced 132 Times in 68 Posts
Send a message via AIM to New013

Originally Posted by Star Shark View Post
I believe Feldberg says that 70% of the grip pressure should be at the pinch/pivot point between the index finger and the thumb through the flight plate. The remaining 30% is distributed amongst the last three fingers and is basically for insuring stable disc position in the hand.
this. most of the pressure you're applying is at the pinch point and you're only applying it right before the hit, before that the disc should stay loose in your hand but firm enough that it wont move. you should also be applying more pressure downward with your thumb than upward with your index.
Reply With Quote