Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 67 Times in 34 Posts

Thank you all for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
I love light stuff, my entire bag was 150g (or less) for 8 years. Lighter weights do allow you to throw faster discs but my personal opinion is that you are better off learning how to throw the slower discs further. I know this doesnít help the immediate need for more distance but this is my advice.

I should note that my course is thickly wooded with trees so I never have to deal with wind. This might be why I like the lighter discs so much. People who regularly play windy courses will appreciate heavier discs.

Also, FWIW, I still carry at least one 150g putter now that Iíve migrated back to a max weight bag. Light weight discs are great for scrambling when you can only flick your wrist but still need a disk to carry a decent distance.
My course is pretty wooded as well and some lighter weights might work for some of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
you can throw whatever you want
I CAN throw whatever I like. I could throw big rocks but that would cause me to throw out my back and I don't think my back would feel good hitting the chains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
Also, light weight discs are not going to miraculously get you a substantial distance gain if your form is a bit off.
Throw a 150 class driver a little nose up into the wrong and you'll see things you never thought a disc could do and end up in places you never thought possible!

Light weight discs can help you slow down and clean up your form.
Light discs are easier to throw when your clean
Light discs can get you some extra distance, but you're not going from 275 to 400 because of weight.
Light discs are a challenge in the wind and have actually helped me to learn the wind.
Light discs are damn fun!

They're worth a shot. Make a 5-6 disc bag of 150 class and give it a shot for a while. If nothing else, you'll learn a lot.
Yeah, I have a 147g blizzard destroyer and that is what normally happens, LOL. Yes, my form needs work, I think I do a lot of strong arming instead of snap. My release is pretty smooth now, but i'm sure I still have some OAT left.

After reading all your thoughts, I think lights will work for me but I need to disc them down. But I should probably work out my snap on heavier stuff.

I have a destroyer and beast I might trade in for a control driver. After owning the Diamond, Jade was on my radar although it looks like they may have discontinued it.

I've seen not a lot of love for Blizzard but what other light plastics do you have experience with?

Niced: (1)