Old 09-16-2019, 03:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,318 Times in 2,286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
the "line of play", how decides that? can i just place my shot center fairway?

So i feel everytime you go OB itīs better to go a meter back and center fairway . . than to just take a meter from the OB line

Hole 7 the long par 5 yesterday as an example. . many went OB right, and played a meter from the wood line and had a bad angle . . so they could just have gone out to center fairway instead?
The line of play goes from the basket straight thru your disc. There aren't really a lot of places where this rule would actually apply since most of the time you cant go backwards thru the line because you would be OB.

The rule was originally written so if your lie after going OB happens to be in a bush or up against a tree, you could move away from that obstacle. The idea being that one bad throw doesn't cause two penalties.

Like I said above though, this doesn't really apply to a lot of holes because most OB parallels the fairway and there is no safe zone back that way to be able to mark a lie in. This really comes into play where you have a long carry over water, but you have James Conrad's follow thru. Instead of marking 1m from the water's edge, you could bring it back another 3m and have plenty of room.

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 09-16-2019 at 03:20 AM.