View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

@ winter dg purists. I too love a round of deep snow and will never groom our long course. I'm trying it out on the short course only so I can get my 30 minute speed rounds in after work and because we are a pay-to-play I try to do some little extra things to make the course nice for our season pass holders.

@ cjskier. I groom our xc-ski trails (at our Disc/Bike/Ski Center) with a snowmobile that tows a packer, a groomer and a tracksetter (hope to get an actual cat in the future). I used the tractor to pull the groomer in the dg course because the tractor is obviously much heavier and compaction was the main idea to keep discs from sinking (doing this to ski trails would ruin them) and for much of the course i drove in reverse dragging the tractor blade which worked even better. We had 2 January thaws since I groomed the course but just got another foot plus of snow this weekend. If I finish grooming the trails and get a chance to groom the course again today I'll be sure to get and post pics.