View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 11:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 159
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 134 Times in 99 Posts

I learned a few things at the tournament as well. The wind picked up during the second round. One of my first drives was a worm burner. After a helpful comment from one of my cardmates, I made an adjustment and gave the disc more height, while still keeping the nose down. That adjustment helped me on several of the holes that followed.

There were several holes that I was stuck on my disc decisions. I've played the course many times, so it really shouldn't be an issue. But, there are a number of 250-300 shots, some of them requiring a wider route, but at the same time pretty wide open. I would have to throw my mids pretty hard to get there, and the Sidewinder and Valkyrie would be too much disc. In that in between area, it kinda comes down to how I feel that day. Last year, I was in sync with the Roc3. This year, I ended up being that dude throwing a Destroyer on sub 300 ft holes. I had it dialed in and it worked. But it made me think that perhaps I could use something with Roc stability that I could throw further than a Roc, but at the same time have a little more distance control than a Sidewinder or Valk. Sounds like a TeeBird, right? So I decided to put the Thunderbird I'd been working with during the fall and winter back in the bag.

At this point in the year, I'm feeling a little more decisive with my additions to the bag, which at this point are they new FAF 12x Champ Firebird and the Thunderbird. Also, I guess I have yet to write about these here, but I have been seasoning/testing a new pair of Firm Wizards as putters. They are better putters out of the box then my Glows (which are more OS) and closer in stability and feel to my Organics. They will probably take over as my backup pair of putters provided they don't lose too much stability as they season. They won't replace my Organics, but I need something in place in case (God forbid) something would happen to the them.

I played some rounds today, I had the courses to myself so I took the opportunity to throw multiple shots on some of the holes. I got throw ever disc in the bag. I think I'm pretty much set for 2019 at this point.