Old 06-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
Good to know about Star and Neutron comparison.

More specifically, I can throw a slightly seasoned Star EX around 350-360(sometimes further) on a slight hyzer with it turning and fading, where will a Neutron Clash be with the same shot? Same? Shorter?

If the Clash is harder to get up to speed than Eagle due to the Clash's overmold, then I may be better off sticking with the EX. Also, if the Clash has less glide than an EX in similar plastics, then I will stick with the EX.
I familiarized myself with my Clash today and threw it alongside some various Eagles. In your hypothetical the Clash (if it's like mine) will be a little shorter and a little more left of the seasoned Eagle. The biggest difference is that the Clash is more of a control driver that likes to hold a hyzer line more than most Eagles. It doesn't glide as well but if you like to throw everything hard it's a more predictable line shaper b/c it doesn't turn unpredictably as much as a beat EX does on an anny line (i.e. easier to throw tight flex shots with).

So if you want something easier to range at the expense of a little bit of D or glide the Clash might trip your trigger. Think of it as a more boring, uptight Eagle X. I don't love it in a FH grip but it's not too bad.

Niced: (1)