View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 41.4
Courses Played: 1418
Niced 175 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd View Post
I liked insaneforchains closing thoughts of Carver Recreation Center in Chattanooga Tenn. Sorry for the extra lines I just thought they all were too good not to include.

"If you like people aimlessly walking/wandering across the fairway just as you are getting ready to throw that driver, this is the course for you! If one of your discs lands near a kid, most likely he will pick it up with a "HEY LOOK WHAT I FOUND" look on his face. Make sure you don't say anything even slightly negative about this though...cause then you will most likely get a beat down by his posse or worse... his 6ft3 340lb mom! Gotta love that hole where just behind the basket is a menacing barking dog reminding you that if you miss... the disc is his. And if you miss badly enough and hit the pimp van, things could get ugly."
Having playing Carver a twice last summer, I completely concur with and understand insaneforchains so eloquently written description. Although being an educator, I tried to convey the very same thoughts in more politically correct terms. I nominate Insaneforchains' comments for induction into the DGCR Hall Of Fame comments section!