View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 10:49 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 36.1
Courses Played: 186
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 186 Times in 64 Posts

I can't help but wonder is state/region is going to be a HUGE factor in whether or not a particular area would support P2P. I live in Texas, where land is generally plentiful and cheap compared to many other areas of the country. Of 456 courses in Texas listed on this site, only 26 (5.7 percent) are listed as pay to play. I have 75 courses within 50 miles of my house; 24 of them are rated 3.5 discs or higher. Given all of that, I am not a fan of P2P. I have paid a few bucks to play at something like a state park (and will again at a place such as Lake Claiborne in Louisiana), but I can't see making that my norm. Of course, I don't play tournaments because I would rather play with my friends (for "free") than pay to play with strangers. I also don't care about many of the amenities (water, benches, restrooms, etc.). As long as a course has fun, well-designed holes and is reasonably maintained, I like it. There are way too many that meet that standard and don't charge me to walk onto the course for me to make a habit of doing anything else. I understand that I am not the norm on many of those points, so I likely am not the best person to answer the OP. However, there are others who feel the same way that I do.

Niced: (2)