Old 07-31-2019, 11:51 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,155 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I would think people that have a golf background are likely to embrace p2p. Paying $5-10(even $20) on a round/day pass/annual parking permit to disc golf probably seems very reasonable to someone that's used to paying $25-100+ for a round on the links.
I would embrace Pay to play just to have things like a person who is not mowing when a bunch of people are playing or to have a fully working set of toilets after done be they pit style with the hand pump of the foam alcohol stuff outside, not picky on that. I just want a course where you do not need to use your disc golf bag/cart to hold door to bathroom open to see what you are doing as the lights have not ever worked in the place for a long time or the set up was not enough light from the begging. Also to have toilet paper and not have to for a whole year need to bring my own in case I needed to go poo. Also to not have a whole set of toilets out for most of a the season those toilets are open forcing everyone who uses that park to use the women's. That is all I expect if the course is pay to play. Most South Dakota state parks with the exception of some that are rarely used out in the middle of nothing meet this requirement that should be standard for all parks.

Ps I have never really liked traditional golf due to how much that disrupts the local environment especially with the modern common style of golf course you see in the USA and Canada.