Old 08-01-2019, 12:34 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,150 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclay View Post
At nearly b$1,000 to get started (yikes!) and four hours to play a round, no wonder I'm not a golfer when my version is more in the range of $100 in equipment and one hour to play a round. Since I almost never pay greens fees, I save even more money playing disc golf rather than ball golf. Plus I get more exercise walking a round of disc golf than I would get riding in a cart for a round of ball golf.
Well in some cases one can play a round of Golf in an hour if they show up when course opens to play. No it is often not a minimum of $1,000 in equipment to play golf but even a good low end set up with everything will run $500 minimum. I have looked it up on Amazon with no name or knock off clubs and getting some cheep golf shoes $30 and then a $20 set of legal balls just in case you ever play a sanctioned amateur golf event will cost about $500 to play. Yeah the clubs themselves are $400 for a no name or knock off set of clubs about 2/3 to 3/4 of a full set of clubs and a bag on Amazon then take in the rest including tees and you are spending $500 for a low end golf set that has all the clubs you need to start off with. A 1 or 2 iron is often not used by beginners. Nor is a chipping wedge used by beginners, often a sand wedge takes that spot.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 08-01-2019 at 12:36 AM.