Old 11-29-2021, 10:27 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 27.4
Courses Played: 142
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6,407 Times in 2,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I actually had a yellow APX, but that was years ago. I can't recall whether it flew or felt any different. I've been bagging a white one for years. I'm positive I had it when we played Spencer Davis.

I have another just like it plus four swirls sitting in the practice basket in my garage. I use them whenever I pull my basket out.

But I've just gotten used to the one in my bag, so that's what I putt with. Seems to be just a bit less stable than the others, probs just from more use.

The good news is, I can miss chains just fine with any APX, so I'm really not all that picky.
The APX was a "fix it" recommendation way back when; I prefer to torque monkey on a Wizard or KC Pro Aviar, but at one point I totally lost all ability to throw a putter and a guy said I should throw APX for a bit to get the touch back. I think I had a yellow and red one, the yellow one was more stable, had more glide, and was just better in every way.

I drop them and go back to the torque monkey as soon as they help me fix my problems, so when I need them I just buy more. Three times I bought them, three times the good one was the yellow one.

The last time I needed them somebody was unloading misprint Jawbreakers for $5 so I didn't get a yellow one. My daughter stole my last soft X yellow one; I tried to get her to take a Jawbreaker one but she realized the yellow soft X was magic and took it.