View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 03:49 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 77 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
That is my take on the current MF Teebirds, but also new star. My old Star AJ sig, was so OS when new and I beat it and beat it with spike hyzers on a rocky course and tough tree lined shots whenever possible and it hit an amazing sweet spot for a long time, still awesome straight straight straight. My first MF was one of the ones that had more and smaller flakes. It was such a great compliment to the beat up star. Even after a lot of wear had amazing wind fighting HSS and still strong forward fade. After I lost it I tried to replace it with more MF and just got a new tourney stamped MF. All of the new ones are great Teebirds but not what I had. They don't seem to love the wind like my original. They are ok in wind but just not as burly. Likewise my fresh AJ sig stars (embossed) started out way mellower than my old star. Its great but i've had trouble getting the right disc for the more OS teebird slot. A fresh eagle doesn't have near the glide the teebird has at the same HSS, I've been using a nice meaty star wraith for the shot i used to use a fresh Star or my original MF.
Have you tried a thunderbird in that slot? I like them as a stable bookend. Not exactly the same flight, I find the fade is more sweeping than dumping and a little more skip... also a little better wind penetration.
And I like the variance of stability by plastic, Iíll bag a different thunderbird depending on wind speed.