Thread: [Other] Infinite Discs Sphinx
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 02:56 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,267 Times in 1,666 Posts
Default Infinite Discs Sphinx

I was surprised that my search for a Sphinx thread yielded no results, so here goes a new one:

Just got my 167g I-blend Sphinx in, and it is yet another grand slam home run for Infinite Discs. The I-blend plastic ("I" stands for "Infinite", I think) is not Shimmer Star or GStar, as I'd feared it might be. It's like the softer Star plastic in my Star Roc3 and Mako3 from a couple of years ago, maybe like Pro that didn't quite make it to full-blown firm Star material. But it feels just fine, grips well.

The Sphinx's numbers are 9,6,-3,1. Not sure if the glide is quite that, but the Sphinx is understable fresh out of the box. Like a beginning-to-season-in Star Sidewinder or fresh Fury kind of understable. It turned over nicely on a couple of drives, with a bit of fade back. (One drive was downhill, so it had some more room to fade back.).

The Sphinx is right there as a Speed 9 Mamba/Vulcan type of disc. I look forward to seeing how durable the I-blend plastic is, and if the Sphinx holds its numbers or gets even more US and flippier. I also look forward to testing it as a roller; I suspect it will be a good one.

If this keeps up, I might end up with an All-Infinite bag(!).

Niced: (1)