Thread: [Other] Infinite Discs Sphinx
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 01:22 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,267 Times in 1,666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Is consistently flippier than a RR out of the box? If so I may grab a Sphinx (or an Aries) and a Pharoah. The only thing I hate about Infinite is the $150 free shipping. Hopefully they will branch out to MSt and DGC, if they pull a DD like move, watch for the fire sale.
I haven't thrown my Star Roadrunner in a good long while, but I can safely say the Sphinx is more understable out of the box than a fresh, new Star Sidewinder. Also, in my range work today, the Sphinx showed a tendency to fade back pretty nicely at the end of its flight, which was especially good when it turned over into a mild headwind.

And yes, Infinite's shipping costs have gone up and are getting bad, especially if one orders multiple discs. It used to be they were cheaper than DGC but that was offset by the shipping costs. Now, Infinite is much higher. I generally go to them when I have to be sure of the color, or if they're the only ones with the disc I want in the weights I want, and I tend to order fewer discs to keep the shipping from getting really bad...

Last edited by SD86; 06-23-2018 at 01:25 PM.