Thread: [Discraft] Challenger SS
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 07:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 32
Niced 492 Times in 303 Posts

Got a couple JB Challenger SS's in the mail today. Took them out to the course to test them against my JB Roaches. I only used them for putting 30'-in and the winds were swirling a bit.

Even though the Challenger SS is supposed to be more shallow, the Roach still felt smaller in my hand overall. I think it's because the Roach has a more rounded nose which sits in my palm better. Other than that they felt similar.

The flights for putting 30'-in were really similar too. They both are steady straight all the way to the basket. Don't have to worry about either hyzering out or getting flippy. The stability was very close but I noticed the Challenger SS had more glide. When I putt with the Roach, it will start to sink 2/3 of the distance to the basket. Didn't notice that with the Challenger SS. It sustained the level of release all the way in. My JB Roaches really feel like a glide # of 2.5 where the CSS (done typing that whole thing out) was in the 3 - 3.5 territory.

I'll keep testing them out but as of now I feel committed to the JB Roach for putting.