View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 08:14 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 673 Times in 380 Posts

I should have elaborated. Unskilled/new players that don't throw far should wait to bag one until they progress whether they're strictly recreational players or pursuing competition. It's nobody's fault they can't throw far, and I'm a lucky son of a bitch that just so happens to have an arm.

My main point was don't rely on a tool you don't truly comprehend, and don't let it get in the way of utilizing other molds or shots that will benefit your score in the long run. The old gaming phrase "git gud" comes to mind...know yourself and what you're throwing before you bag something so...specific.

Funny, unrelated but similar. I've been a mold minimalist for years as many of you I'm sure remember from my post history. Recently I've been maximalizing and honestly really enjoying it! I think a big point in the mini/maximalist argument is starting out with a ton of molds before learning release angles etc. I've been played for 17 years now, have an arsenal of different throws and stances, and have tried tons and tons of molds in different weights/plastics/domes. Experienced players have every right to carry multiples of five different midranges since they truly understand which flight is most appropriate for a given shot.

/mini derail

Last edited by GripEnemy; 03-22-2019 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Grammar