View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 04:07 AM
Par Member

Niced 374 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisdudeness47 View Post
OP CONTINUED

Added a practice video. I'm mainly focusing on my brace and hip engagement in these ones. Some reps felt/look better than others for sure. I'm also pretty fidgety right now with all my form changes and new details I've learned flowing thru my head.

Side Approach (threw midranges): https://youtu.be/RvyzW0JR1o0

If you guys have any tips, feel free to roast me!
I know that you are focusing on new movements and that sort of thing can really make you tense up, but you are way too tense right now. You are way too focused on forced balance, motions and movements.

If you are training for smooth and relaxed form your training should be smooth and relaxed too. See if you can do the same movements with athletic relaxation and a clear mind. Should look and feel like a dance move, not like a seizure.
Easiest way to get relaxed is doing something that you normally do relaxed and then carry that relaxation into the throwing movement. Try walking towards target for a few steps. Anywhere from 5-20 steps, then just flow into the throw naturally as smooth as possible. Your body shouldn't feel much different than walking = balanced, relaxed, and athletic.

Niced: (1)