View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 02:45 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 119 Times in 49 Posts

My wife and I loved spending time down in an area called the granite belt, about 2 hours south of where we use to live. After a little payout for a car accident, we used it as a deposit to buy a property here, with plans to move there full time once we got work.

We looked at dozens of properties, but the one we are in now was by far, the best average

More then decent house
Very close to the highway and services - we are in the country but mcdonalds is 5 minutes away
37 acres with its own mountain and 2 dams

After we got the place, I blew the rest of my savings on 18 baskets a guy was looking to get in the ground (they were used at the Australian Champs in 2013) and have been working on it ever since in my spare time. Once a month the crew from Brisbane come out and we polish off a hole and have a big burn off.

Before I started, I had never used a chainsaw, and nothing more then a standard mower or small edge trimmer...now my toys are getting bigger and stronger as we mold this course into something playable.

2 weeks ago I finally got work in the area, so now Im here full time, but bad weather has so far kept my work on the back holes to a minimum. Good news is, our mountain is visible from my work, so I can day dream easily :-D

Here she is from work, Granite Mountain on the left, peering through the fog...