Old 11-10-2019, 07:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 330
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,393 Times in 1,178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2432 View Post
Basket manufacturers should push harder to make sure there's some input from someone who knows what they're doing. Will that ever happen? God no lol
Might be a good idea for basket manufactures to include guidelines for safe basket installation. I've never opened any new in the box basket, but I'm sure they come with some printed instructions.

Perhaps recommending a minimum distance from the next tee or adjacent fairway that a basket should be placed, based on the density of "natural buffer" between the basket and area to be protected from flying discs.

Point being that open and lightly wooded placements require greater buffer distance than baskets buried in dense woods or placed in a pocket surrounded by trees and dense brushy growth that disc aren't likely to penetrate and maintain high velocities.

For all I know, some manufacturers may already include such guidelines. Like I said, never opened a NIB basket myself.

But your point is well taken: there's no substitute for an experienced player and better yet, designer, being involved.

Niced: (2)