View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 04:24 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.7
Courses Played: 90
Niced 20 Times in 14 Posts

As much as I hate to admit it I'm older now and top out at 400' with 360ish being more normal. I'm terrible at hyzer flipping and have no forehand.

Max Distance:
It's all Wraiths all the time and all of my drivers are around 170 grams. I hate varying weight.
Pro Wraiths - obvious turnover stuff and max distance when I am feeling lazy or slow.
Star and Champ Wraiths cover all other duties. I trust variation in the mold to get me the variety of stabilities I need. I'll sometimes carry other stuff but mainly for water courses so there isn't much worry about loss.

Controlled Distance:
This is a strange slot for me. Now that my distances vary less than before I really don't feel much need for a real disc in this slot. I do carry one thing for turnover and easy straight stuff around 340'...
Dynamic Disc Escape - It's also a pretty useful woods disc for some reason. Deflections aren't as bad as driver deflections and it's pretty workable.
Fairway Drivers:
It's just Teebirds. Why not, they work great. G star for flippy and Champ for everythign else. All 175g

Mid-ranges:
This never varies-
Dx Rocs - Max weight and I cycle them. Cheap and they work fine.
Star Rocs. Good for everything really. I try to keep them as my workhorses to save the wear and tear on the Dxs.
Champ Roc - Just steady stability
P&A:
Rekos- I've got a bunch. I credit this disc for correcting my putting game. I rarely drive them
Wizards- I keep a flippy one for dangerous approaches. It rarely rolls or slides. I love driving them as well.
Harp- I really think this is the most important disc in my bag. I have them in different plastics, they save so many strokes it is almost a joke. My vote for the best disc in the last 10 years and I've tried a ton.