Thread: 2010 USWDGC
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks Bill! I can't wait but I still can't believe it's actually next weekend. Should be a great time though! Staying positive is going to help Christy's weekend a lot!!!

I made it over yesterday to play the courses and I was amazed at how easy they were. Maybe it was the 50 mph wind and 70 mph gusts that made my rounds at the Coastal Plains difficult, or could it be that I've improved??? Could it be because of this site????

Richlands was a straight up birdie train, I shot a 48. Granted the OB's weren't up, but I tried to play the course as if they were. I actually almost had an Ace with my new River disc (which I love by the way) hit the (R) side of the basket on a RHBH. Just a couple inches higher and I'd have been in. I did have a four though on Hole 10, I don't see any way I could play it any differently. Also, the 'enormous mounds' that the baskets sit on top of, weren't so gigantic looking yesterday. Amazing how your perspective can change with experience.

I wasn't able to play all of Jacksonville b/c they were installing new electrical poles down the fairway of 11 and 12. But they are long and in the open. It is not hard to hold par 3's there except for the 1001 ft #13. I don't see any way around a 5 for me....I was laying 4 about 60-80 ft short of the basket. As long as you know where the pin placement is (which can get confusing), everyone should do fine there. Navigation is a bit difficult to me at that course, too bad there's not a map on line.

I ran into one of the guys that will be helping out, he thinks it's possible they will taper down the OB's at Richlands for the tourney. But, if you land in the rough, it is not pleasant in there. I'd rather they be OB's and be able to pull out.

This is going to be a great time though! Two of the girls that were supposed to be staying with us had to pull out, but I was worried about the bathroom situation to begin with, so maybe it's for the best. I can't wait for you and Christy to meet some of my NC friends!!!